WDS - Can't access the extended router's (TP-Link Archer C6) management page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS - Can't access the extended router's (TP-Link Archer C6) management page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:WDS - Can't access the extended router's (TP-Link Archer C6) management page
2021-02-18 01:34:02

@RFP 

Options
2021-02-18 01:56:55 - last edited 2021-02-18 01:59:34

@RFP 

Yeah, that's probably because you are not receiving an IP address on the WAN/Internet port and the C6 doesn't believe it has an internet access.

But don't worry, you have already admin access to both devices and that's the latest C6 FW for now.

If you want, you can always update the C6 FW manually by downloading the FW file from the appropriate support section.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-18 02:00:38

@Ivaylo 

Would it solve the problem if I setup the internet to the main router?

Options
2021-02-18 02:04:04 - last edited 2021-02-18 02:17:45

That's the problem:

You mean to plug an ethernet cable into the C6 WAN port, connect to C80 LAN port and configure an Internet access ?

If I understood correctly, then using the WDS would be redundant and you can set up the C6 in AP mode - even better.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-18 02:19:10

@Ivaylo 

No, not with a cable, because the routers (C6 and C80) are in different floors of my house.

I don't know how to explain.

Anyway, I plugged a cable from a TP-Link RE200 repeater to C6 WAN and it get all messed up. Lost access to it again, but already restore the previous configuration and disconnected the repeater.

I guess the C6 will not have internet access (to get time and firmware) for now.

Thank you very much for your help! smiley

Options
2021-02-18 02:26:51 - last edited 2021-02-18 02:38:09

@Ivaylo 

Just one more thing.

Isn't it strange that I can't "see"  the C6 from the C80? It does not appear in the network map nor the DHCP Client List.

And I have 2 iPhones connected wirelessly to the C6 and they do not appear in C6 network map...

Options
2021-02-18 03:08:13

@RFP 

"Isn't it strange that I can't "see"  the C6 from the C80? It does not appear in the network map nor the DHCP Client List."

Probably missing from the C80 network map, because of the WDS mode that C6 is in.

Missing from C80 DHCP Client List - C6 is not a DHCP client to C80 - it has a static IP address - 192.168.1.5

"And I have 2 iPhones connected wirelessly to the C6 and they do not appear in C6 network map.."

That probably is FW related.

Options
Related Articles