Router not able to access internet when I am using wds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 17:32:45 - last edited 2022-06-23 06:42:28
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

When am using my Archer C6 router as Hotspot which takes internet from another wifi network and create new wifi by WDS Mode. I am totally and completely able to access internet in all devices through this method accept in router. Router sharing internet but not connecting to internet itself for using features like updating firmware, TP - Link Cloud, Automatic Time Set feature, etc.

Please help as soon as help. I bought this product and it delivered on 10 August 2021 means today it self and I have only 6 days left to return or replace it

As you I can access internet but router not able to use it or access it. Fix it please

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router not able to access internet when I am using wds-Solution
2021-08-10 21:27:51 - last edited 2021-08-23 08:35:26

@KYash 

When using WDS feature that's a normal behaviour - that's becasue the device WAN (Internet) port is unplugged (as seen from your screenshot).

You can always update the device FW manually - Case 1. The time can be set manually as well.

Instead TP-Cloud ID you can use local admin account to login.

If you want to mitigate all these, use the C6 in AP mode - Case 1.

In this scenario your main router LAN port will be connected to the C6 WAN (Internet) port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Router not able to access internet when I am using wds-Solution
2021-08-10 21:27:51 - last edited 2021-08-23 08:35:26

@KYash 

When using WDS feature that's a normal behaviour - that's becasue the device WAN (Internet) port is unplugged (as seen from your screenshot).

You can always update the device FW manually - Case 1. The time can be set manually as well.

Instead TP-Cloud ID you can use local admin account to login.

If you want to mitigate all these, use the C6 in AP mode - Case 1.

In this scenario your main router LAN port will be connected to the C6 WAN (Internet) port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Router not able to access internet when I am using wds
2021-08-12 00:55:37 - last edited 2021-08-23 08:35:26

@terziyski 

I don't have access to use LAN Cable from main router to my Archer C6 router

Anything else I can do, but option should be wireless

Options
2021-08-12 08:25:44 - last edited 2021-08-23 08:35:26

@KYash 

Without physical access to your main router, there's no other option except using C6 WDS.

Options
2021-08-23 13:10:03

@KYash you can use a small Lan Ethernet cable without connecting cable to host router

First put one end of cable in archer c6 lan port and 2nd end in archer c6's wan port and check in your router you can use internet services in your router 

May it help you

Options
2021-08-24 07:17:04

@ViVA_12213 

I tried this but it will create problem

Options