Archer AX50 without URL blocking feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-18 04:09:08 - last edited 2021-02-18 04:41:57
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

I've bought an Archer AX50 and discovered that isn't available the option to block URL addresses on it

Basically, I wanna use something like was mentioned here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1387/

Few websites I don't wanna have access from inside my whole network, like ADS, Adult Content, Piracy.. etc, I was doing it in my older Wifi Router by using keywords and URLs list

How the way to do it now??

By NeoX
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 without URL blocking feature
2021-02-23 09:34:37

@HelcioPandelo 

Why not configure the Parental Control on the AX50? Here is the guide: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2386/.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-23 12:56:26 - last edited 2021-02-23 13:03:13

@Kevin_Z because the Parental Control isn't enough for this purpose, since I'll need to manually add each device.

I need to block every single device into the network and sometimes

Look the message into the page you've linked:
"Note: Only devices that have previously been connected to your router’s network are listed here. If you are unable to find the device you want to add, connect it to your network and then try again."

What an awful limitation!

_Probably was made by a Product Owner and forced the devs to implement? haha_

This limitation will make me be almost every single day adding the visitor devices on Parental Control

Suggestion to fix improve the Parental Control:

1. Implement a global option (or a "virtual device" called as "all"), to hold the config for every single device in the network

2. Implement multiple profile selection.

E.g: I'll add an ADS block list (actually with ~130 items/urls), and I'll need to apply this rule for Childrens and Teens. To manually add each URL on both profiles it's a hurt!

By NeoX
Options
2021-02-24 01:26:52

@HelcioPandelo 

I hope I understand it correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's say, you want to implement all the ADS block list (actually with ~130 items/urls) to all the clients in the AX50 network, but you still have more different URL lists for each client or some. For example, you need to block all the 130 items for all clients, you need to add another 10 urls (140 items) for device A, and you will want to add another 10 urls (140 items) for device B? If this is the case, you will need to create the specific profile for different devices, while we currently only support to add 4 profiles at most. I'm afraid your requirement may not be easily implement on the AX50, but we will record this kind of request.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-24 02:36:34
Got it. And about to have the Global Profile, to make all new devices automatically be part of it?
By NeoX
Options
2021-02-25 01:13:33

@HelcioPandelo 

Will be recorded also.

Options
2021-09-12 00:57:30

@Kevin_Z 

Is there any update to this feature?

I'm looking for this on AX73 as well.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/276434

Options
2021-09-12 02:54:27

@psyntium Sorry dude, it's still a "P.o.S". A lot of limitations and inefficient security system =\

I will NEVER buy another TP-Link anymore!!

By NeoX
Options
2021-09-12 07:02:04
sob sob T_T
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2103

Replies: 8

Related Articles