AX11000 losing internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-18 15:17:51 - last edited 2021-02-18 15:19:13
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 200716

I've been losing connection to the internet through my new Archer AX11000 almost every night. I stay connected to the router but in setting it says something along the lines of "connected, no internet" and its starting to get frustrating seeing as I had just spent a couple hundred dollars for an unstable router. I've tried factory resetting it but that didn't help. If it helps my internet provider is Allied Telesis and I don't have a modem I just plug the router into the wall with an ethernet cable. Also the only thing that seems to fix it is rebooting the router, which would be fine if this only happened once in a while and not several times a day. Please help me with this issue as the router seems wonderful except for this one deal breaking problem. Also both wireless and wired lose connection. 

Options
12 Reply
Re:AX11000 losing internet connection
2021-02-19 02:14:35

Anyone have a solution this is a pretty serious problem for a $400 router

Options
2021-02-23 07:17:53

@aaron91795 

Is the internet LED on the AX11000 orange or green when you saw this "connected, no internet" error on the computer? If the internet LED becomes orange, please connect the computer directly to the cable from wall, test and monitor if you can get a stable connection.

You can also monitor if there is a WAN IP address on the AX11000 web interface page when the error occurs, you may change the internet DNS server to some others, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-25 01:26:33

@Kevin_Z 

The LED stays white when it gives me the error and I have tried to monitor the ip address but am unable to login to the web interface when the error occurs. The only thing I'm able to do is go on the tether app and reboot the router, but I cant go into any of the advanced settings or anything like that. I have also already tried changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary to 8.8.4.4 and the problem persist. Thank you for your time and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Options
2021-02-25 07:33:55

@aaron91795 

Thanks for replying. Can you please confirm again how often does this issue happen? Does it happen on a specific time period, such as when there is a high loading or traffic?

How many devices are connected to the AX1000 most of the time? Are all of them losing the internet access when the issue happens? Please check again if they can still get a correct IP address from the AX11000, here is the guide to find the IP info on a computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

If they are getting the correct IP address from the router, please then do a ping test and report back with the results:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-25 08:26:38

@Kevin_Z 

Almost every night. At any given time.

About 5-7 are connected at any given time. And all of them lose connection. I am given a ipv4 address using method one on that link.

Using the ping test I get a response when putting my ip address in but a timeout when putting google or the 8.8.8.8 in.

Options
2021-02-25 08:41:03

@Kevin_Z 

Also when going to find out about the ip address one of the windows said

Ipv4 connectivity: internet 

Ipv6 connectivity: no internet access

Not sure if that's a problem or not figured id bring it up just in case

Options
2021-02-26 06:47:10

@aaron91795 

Does Allied Telesis provide you an IPv6 connection? Try to disable the IPv6 on the AX11000 if it is enabled. 

Did you previously change the DNS server on the AX11000 Network -> Internet page, did you save it successfully? Please check and confirm, ensure that have been saved correctly.

Meanwhile, I hope you could test the internet connection again by connecting a computer directly to the cable from the wall, ensure you have a stable connection again.

Options
2021-02-26 08:21:05

@Kevin_Z 

Just checked my router and ipv6 is already disabled so I'm guessing theres no problem there.

Just checked DNS server on the internet page and it's still stating 8.8.8.8 as primary dns and 8.8.4.4 as secondary so I'm pretty sure it saved.

For this last part I'll have to wait for it to start acting up again but I will check again and come back with the results.

Options
2021-03-20 07:20:25

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry been alittle busy connecting computer directly to the wall does still give me a stable connection

Options
2021-03-22 01:47:55

@aaron91795 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3776

Replies: 12

Related Articles