Ax50 Horriffic upload speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 16:53:37
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Download speed is awesome upload is horrific and makes it un-usable.  I completed a speed test three times (have the screen shots) but the sped doesnt break .96Mbps...yeah thats a "point" 96 not even a 1mbps.  Download speed is hitting 61, 205 and 159......even my old router does bette than that.  I repalced my old Tp-Link with this thing (died) and not happy.  Took me forever to create and post this as my "upload" is horrible.  Will be returning it!  Never again!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ax50 Horriffic upload speeds
2021-03-08 08:51:34

@cam1970 

Are you testing the speed on a Windows computer, is it connected to the 5G or 2.4G network? Ensure there is no special software running on the computer that may affect the speed. It is suggested to test the speed on another laptop or phone.

BTW, what is the upload and download speed provided by your ISP? Please connect a computer to your ISP modem, run speedtest as well, and show us the test results. If this is normal, then please reset the AX50 to factory defaults, leave all the settings by default and only set up the internet on it, then test the speed again.

Options
2021-03-12 12:51:01

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem with my ax50,download 360Mbps upload between 200 and 300 most of the time in the lower 200.

tested with a iphone 12 pro on the 5Ghz and with a windows laptop on the 5Ghz same results.

the c2300 i had before had for up and download the same speed 360Mbps.

With kind regards Arno

Options
2021-03-15 02:39:08

@Arno.p 

Please check the upload and download speed provided by your ISP first by connect the laptop directly to the ISP modem, show us the test results. If this is normal, then please reset the AX50 to factory defaults, leave all the settings by default and only set up the internet on it, then test the speed again.

Meanwhile, please ensure there is no special software running on the computer or iPhone that may affect the speed. Please confirm what is the link speed on the laptop as well as on the iPhone when they are connected to the AX50 5G network. How to get the link speed on a Windows computer? Please check this:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 3

Related Articles