The router model Archer AX50 V1 support fiber connection / technology?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-06 15:19:47
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to but this router: TP-Link AX3000 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Archer AX50.

This model support fiber internet connection?
as i saw, there is no fiber cable input to this router, so how can i connect it?

Options
8 Reply
Re:The router model Archer AX50 V1 support fiber connection / technology?
2021-03-06 16:35:47 - last edited 2021-03-06 16:53:46

@ron89f 

AX50 supports only ethernet cable connections.

You need a FTTN modem/router/converter (provided by your ISP for example) to convert the optical signal to ethernet and connect the AX50 after that device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-06 16:40:22

@Ivaylo 

Is it can damage the quality / upload or download speed if i will use the converter from Ethernet connector to fiber cable?

Options
2021-03-06 17:19:41 - last edited 2021-03-07 21:15:53

@ron89f 

I wouldn't know, you have to test that in your environment.

Ideally your ISP should provide you the necessary equipment for that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-06 17:23:05

@Ivaylo 
OK, i will check it.

There is a tp-link router model that have an optic fiber connector? (to connect optic fiber without and convertor / adapter from fiber to Ethernet)?

Options
2021-03-06 17:34:00

@ron89f 

Not in the home range devices. There is a forthcoming device which should support that functionality, but no ETA yet.

Options
2021-03-06 17:37:06

@Ivaylo 
thanks.

Maybe someone know the influence of using converter from Optic fiber to Ethernet? (in order to use a home router without optic fiber connection)?

Options
2021-03-13 13:24:16

@ron89f 

I presume the vast majority of home users with true fiber-optic connections just use the hardware (ONT) given or installed by their ISP and then connect their own router to it if they wish, thus can't tell if there might be a difference between built-in converter or external converter.

By the way, in case you still at planning to get a "Fiber Internet" connection, but don't already have it, note that not everything ISP's call "Fiber Internet" or "Fiber Broadband" is actually Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH), where an actual fiber-optic cable comes out of the wall in your living room. Often "Fiber Internet"-branded connections still use copper wires for the last meters to your home.

Options
2021-03-13 16:14:01

@woozle 

You right.

In my private home, i have a fiber cable until my router (not just copper wires).

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2152

Replies: 8

Related Articles