AX50 HomeCare still running in background blocking stuff when turned off at GUI.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 HomeCare still running in background blocking stuff when turned off at GUI.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-08 14:32:17
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553)

Here is the situation.

This has been happening since last year, but I never have the time to write about it.

The router is AX50 and it is using latest firmware 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553).

Do note that I just restarted the router before taking the screenshot. As seen in the screenshot above, even though HomeCare's Malicious Content Filter is disabled after reboot, AX50 HomeCare still automatically blocked the traffic. TrendMicro has many false positive and blocked many of my favourite shopping websites. The sites will be unblocked after few days, then reblocked again.

For the note, I had reset the router many times in addition to turning the HomeCare button on and off several times.

Yet, it appears that AX50 HomeCare Content Filter still active and blocking the site even after the GUI displays it as off.

Kevin_Z or any TP-Link engineers, I would like to fully disable the HomeCare functionality (Malicious Content Filter, Intrusion Prevention System and Infected Device Quarantine).

Those ON/OFF buttons don't work. As one can see in above screenshot, I had set those three to disabled. Unfortunately, Malicious Content Filter still functioning in the background.

Please solve the issue as soon as possible.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX50 HomeCare still running in background blocking stuff when turned off at GUI.
2021-03-17 03:51:42

@JohnLai 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and respond.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 828

Replies: 1

Related Articles