Archer C80 cannot be disabled INFORM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-10 14:04:50
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 210128 Rel.64503n(5553)
I have a TP-Link Archer C80 (US) V.1.0 router Of all the configuration options available, there is one that does not even appear in the manuals or in the emulators on the TP-Link website, which makes me very suspicious about its purpose. This setting option is in CWMP, and within the options there is one called INFORM, which there is no way to disable it. I contacted technical support a few days ago. First they sent me a firmware from other router different than mine. When I complained they apologized to me. Today they send me a firm, the first one that the router came out with, so if I do a firmware downgrade it is supposed that the problem will be solved but I lose all the improvements of the newer firm. I can't believe there is no solution to this problem. The technical support is very poor, and I have no option to escalate the problem outside of my region because it always refers me to the support of my country. I always bought TP-Link products but it seems to me that with this incident and the lousy technical support, I will not do it again. If anyone knows how to disable INFORM within CWMP I will be very grateful.

Más sobre el texto fuente

Se requiere el texto fuente para obtener información adicional sobre la traducción

Enviar comentarios

Paneles laterales

Options
30 Reply
Re:Archer C80 cannot be disabled INFORM
2021-03-11 07:58:27

@Vedia 

As far as I can tell, this CWMP is specially designed for some Internet Providers, and it is disabled by default (even though the INFORM shows enabled, it will not take effect while the CWMP is disabled), so no worries.

Just to confirm, why do you need to modify these settings, are there special requirement from your ISP? Who is your ISP, please?

Options
2021-03-11 12:28:01

I want to disable it first because I am not really clear what the real function of INFORM is on this router and what it really does with port 7547 that remains open.

You say:

" and it is disabled by default (even though the INFORM shows enabled, it will not take effect while the CWMP is disabled), so no worries."

I'm not sure about it, simply because it's set to enabled.

I am very surprised that it cannot be disabled, which makes me doubt its real function, not the theory but what it can actually be doing.

Options
2021-03-12 01:57:08

@Vedia 

Understand that. This option seems easy to make users confused, we will forward this feedback to the developer and the product team to see how to improve this in the future firmware.

Options
2021-03-12 13:08:10

@Vedia 

Thank you very much for the reply.

It is of fundamental importance that the user is sure of the product he uses, and in this case, at least for me, I am not.

I hope that the developer can solve it soon, although due to the response received from TP-Link support in my country I have no hope that this will happen.

It's a shame because if I can't find a solution, I'll have to stop using this router and TP-Link routers, for the simple reason that I don't have security on it.

Best regards

Options
2021-03-12 14:30:53

@Vedia 

Just out of interest Is your port 7547 open on the device ? Have you tested that from an external network ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-12 14:37:00

@Ivaylo 

No, I'm not only interested in port 7547, I'm mainly interested in knowing why I can't disable INFORM and what it actually does. I have been answered by global TP-Link support that as soon as they find a solution they will let me know. I have practically no hope that this will happen. This is not new.

Options
2021-03-12 15:01:00

@Vedia 

You can follow this link (TR-069 training) and see what the INFORM does by its definition (TR-069 technical specification):

https://www.qacafe.com/tr-069-training/the-inform-rpc/

On why you can't disable that setting I believe it's a matter of FW implementation, which can be corrected in future FW release.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-12 15:13:57

@Ivaylo 

Thanks for the info. Since it cannot be disabled, I allow myself to doubt the setting does really. Paranoia? May be but I want to be 100% sure. I found that putting in ACS URL: https: //, allows to disable it, which is ridiculous as a solution. Support from my country suggested that I revert to the original firmware of the router, which it originally came out with. This would be a solution, but it is not acceptable as the upgrades of the following firmwares are lost. I really hope it gets fixed in the next firmware.

Again, thank you very much for your attention.

Options
2021-03-13 08:17:06

@Vedia 

As help say's - "Please start with http:// or https:// and no blank space" so first I used http://127.0.0.1 and acs user/pwd tplink, but seems that user/pwd is not needed and simple "http" is also enough.

Options
2021-03-16 20:30:27

@Vedia 

I am still in talks with international support. They offered a beta firmware which remove CWMP feature. They have also told me that in the next firmware it will be solved so I did not accept the beta and I am waiting for the firmware to correct it.

What I can't get anyone to answer me is "Why is no reference to CWMP in the user manual or in the web emulators?

That detail is what makes me doubt what the real function of INFORM is.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4849

Replies: 30

Related Articles