Warranty Replacement Taking Forever

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 09:39:55

My issue here is a plaintive wail. Why don't TP-Link want to send me my warranty replacement?

I had an standalone Deco M4 which was suffering crashing issues. After troubleshooting I was eventually issued with an RMA code and instructed to package the device off and send it back. TP-Link policy states that a replacement will be shipped out "within two working days" of receiving the faulty item.

My package was sent. It was received. On the My Products page the status of the return changed to "preparing shipping". But that was exactly one month ago and I have heard nothing since. After a week I emailed the RMA contact address and received a reply back "your package will go out via DPD tomorrow". But it wasn't.

I enquired on Twitter and was told by TP Link "sorry, we have lots of people working from home". But that doesn't remove TP-Link's obligations under their own stated warranty policy.

Earlier this week I sent another polite email requesting an update. This time there was no reply.

So I am stuck in a limbo. RUK-21207-00126 is still "preparing shipping" after a month in that position and nobody wants to talk to me about it. Meanwhile suppliers have plentiful stocks. I could order a new one and have it in my hands within 24 hours. But instead I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the manufacturers to get round to me.

Most unsatisfactory.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Warranty Replacement Taking Forever
2021-03-12 10:13:29
Well by a strange coincidence mere hours after posting the above message I received a notification that the replacement was to be delivered to me. The package just arrived at my door now. My replacement Deco unit. But with no power cable enclosed. Meaning I cannot use it, as the return instructions clearly stated that I was to send back the power adapter too, so I am not in possession of the original. This is a shambles, an utter shambles.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 1

Related Articles