Archer C6 router blocking remote access over ipv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-14 09:56:18
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3.20_201117
Hello, I recently acquired the Archer C6 router and it has been working well, but for some reason the ipv6 is blocked for external access

Explaining better, in my local network I have a raspberrypi that I use as a remote server, with it I store files and distribute via http, the access was done through the ipv6 that my provider provides, which happens, in my old router TL-WR940N (v5) I activated RADVD, it did the distribution of ipv6 addresses and they all had remote access, however with this new router using the same settings access is only possible through the local network, when I try to access ipv6 remotely from the error timeout, when i check the ports remotely it looks like it is blocked by the firewall, i would like to know if there is any way to re-enable ipv6, my system kind of broke, one of the reasons why i acquired the new router was precisely the gigabit speed to use with the server, but unfortunately now I'm having to use a tunnel that drastically reduces the speed.

Local network image

Accessing the same ipv6 address using curl on a vps

Nmap command executed locally

Results of the test carried out on the website www.ipv6scanner.com

Router settings

I really hope it has a solution, because I really need the remote access with 100% of the speed contracted in my internet provider

Note: I tried to open ports through NAT, DMZ, I disabled all firewalls, I edited IPTV settings, in the IPv6 settings I tried to use stateless SLAAC + DHCPv6, SLAAC + RDNSS and DHCPv6 none of them worked, also try to disable delegation but no ip was assigned, I tried to use google-specific DNS was also not.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 router blocking remote access over ipv6
2021-03-16 10:00:50

@mundotv789123 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-10-31 20:32:12

I believe the problem here is that the "SPI Firewall" switch (from the Security section) does not yield the expected result. We expect that, when it is disabled, ipv6 ports are no longer blocked, and then we can use other solutions to perform port access control.

It doesn't seem to be a complicated fix. I hope we receive a patch via firmware update soon.

Options
2021-11-03 03:53:33 - last edited 2021-11-03 03:54:08

Here's my solution to this problem: OpenWrt. It works even better than TP-Link's proprietary firmware. Complete control over the router.

Options
2022-02-09 03:56:19

@mundotv789123 If you don't want to install OpenWRT, you can follow these instructions from this post. I used on them on my Archer C6 V3.2 and it worked!
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/220864?page=1

Options