Test Signal GUI for Archer MR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 20:15:56
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Beta

Hello TP-Linkers,

As I am working froma remote area, I planned to buy a Archer MR600, such that I can use my SIM and have a better reception due to its MIMO Tech & band locking provision.

With the router antenna, it gives me speed of max 14 Mbps.

I bought LPDA 12dBi External Antennas. Got it connected.. Speed is ok around 18Mbps.

The MR600 does has RSRP/RSRQ/SNR under Advance tab but it takes more time to refresh on Admin UI.

I also got a reference to check the better signal values.

RSRQ

RSRP

SNR

Excellent

> -5

> -84

> 12.5

Good

-9 to -5

-85 to -102

10 - 12.5

Fair

-12 to -9

-103 to -111

7 - 10

Poor

< -12 

< -111

< 7 

But I havent figured out the best position of the external Antennas. After making adjustment to entennas, I have to wait for few minutes to get the speed check.

I request TP-Linkers, to provide a Test Signal feature in their Router / Tether App as Huawei does in MY AI Life App. So that it will be easy to configure the antennas for better reception.

Hope you understand the pain in identifying the best location for the best signal for your router to work with.

Best,
Abhishek Pandey 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Test Signal GUI for Archer MR600
2021-03-19 14:24:22

@linkscreen 

Thank You so much for the test table. It would be really great if TP-Link added (incorporated) to the firmware some utility for either finding the best location of the router (the place with the best reception) or (and) to find the best location for the external antenna. Just for example, in my house I have download speed value (single Band 3) about 25 mega bit with the supplied Antennas, and with external outdoor properly located MIMO Antenna 70 to 75 mega bit. But it took a while to find the best location for the external Antenna.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1401

Replies: 1