I cannot ping two different networks with omada products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-26 07:47:51 - last edited 2021-04-06 07:36:45
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

Hello,

I am new in the forum as well as in TP-Link products. 

My scenario is the following:

I have two different networks. Ιn each of them there is  a TL-R605 omada router which is connected to a DSL router in port WAN, and in port LAN of router is connected in port 8 of a TL-SG2008P omada switch. The TL-SG2008P omada switch is connected to a hardware controller omada OC200 in port 1, and in port  and 3 are connected two Access Point. The same topology is exist in the other network. My problem is that i cannot ping the two network. I have try VPN IPsec but nothing. On remote gateway I put my public IP address and I have try IKEv1 and IKEv2 both but nothing. What actions should I do to ping this two networks especially the default gateway of the DSL router and the WAN interface of the TL-R605 omada router.

If you need more information, do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks a lot!!

Network Engineer 1.0
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I cannot ping two different networks with omada products-Solution
2021-04-06 05:44:25 - last edited 2021-04-06 07:36:45

Finally I did it. I find the solution. I can ping two hardware controllers which belongs in different networks. Firstly I change the LAN IP of two networks (on one network the LAN IP is 192.168.10.1 and in the other network the LAN ID is 192.168.20.1) through manage cloud access. I select wired networks and then I select LAN and then I edit the IP address. 

Secondly I reboot the controllers both through manage cloud access too and then I go maintenance and I press reboot button.

So simply

Also I have more questions about tp link omada products, so I bother you in another post

See you in next post!

Thanks a lot about your answer 

Network Engineer 1.0
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:I cannot ping two different networks with omada products
2021-03-29 06:28:11
My main purpose in to ping the default gateway of the DSL modem which is connected to TL-R605 omada router from my laptop which is belongs in another DSL modem which is connected to another TL-R605 omada router. May I configure the DSL modem? What is your opinion?
Network Engineer 1.0
Options
Re:I cannot ping two different networks with omada products
2021-04-02 04:29:32 - last edited 2021-04-06 07:48:07

Dear @xperiments,

xperiments wrote

My main purpose in to ping the default gateway of the DSL modem which is connected to TL-R605 omada router from my laptop which is belongs in another DSL modem which is connected to another TL-R605 omada router. May I configure the DSL modem? What is your opinion?

It will be better to configure the DSL modem in bridge mode, making the TL-R605 get the public IP address.

If not, the TL-R605 is behind NAT, please open port UDP500 & UDP4500 on the DSL modem/router for IPSec connection.

In addition, you may uncheck Block Ping from WAN so that you can ping the R605 gateway.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:I cannot ping two different networks with omada products-Solution
2021-04-06 05:44:25 - last edited 2021-04-06 07:36:45

Finally I did it. I find the solution. I can ping two hardware controllers which belongs in different networks. Firstly I change the LAN IP of two networks (on one network the LAN IP is 192.168.10.1 and in the other network the LAN ID is 192.168.20.1) through manage cloud access. I select wired networks and then I select LAN and then I edit the IP address. 

Secondly I reboot the controllers both through manage cloud access too and then I go maintenance and I press reboot button.

So simply

Also I have more questions about tp link omada products, so I bother you in another post

See you in next post!

Thanks a lot about your answer 

Network Engineer 1.0
Recommended Solution
Options