Votes

Feature Request - Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings

Votes

Feature Request - Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings

157 Reply
Re:Feature Request - Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings
2022-10-13 01:03:42

@NachoGtz When I set Pi-Hole as the router's DNS server on my local network, the router gets confused and reverts its IP address to 192.168.1.1 (when I had it configured for 10.0.0.1). Yet another frustration.

Options
2022-10-14 10:01:33

I would also find this feature invaluable. 

Options
RE:Feature Request - Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings
2022-11-04 12:00:17
Is needed to isolate guest network from other internal LAN traffic
Options
2022-11-13 17:22:03

Upvote this! even tough, I believe I will no longer have my M9+ when (and if) it comes... looking already for alternatives...

Options
2022-12-02 10:32:22
how the hell was this feature omitted in the first place?!
Options
2022-12-09 17:35:16
How is this not already taken care of? Without basic features like this the tp link deco routers are just toys. You can hardly say they support a guest network if you can't even set it up with us own settings or share a device across. Even the horrible nest wifi offers this. I may need to return my deco units and try another brand that knows what features the rest of the industry provides.
Options
[Recommended Solution]Feature Request - Guest Network separate DHCP/DNS settings
2022-12-11 12:57:42

@TP-Link 

Add me to the 'me too' list for more Guest Network control and configuration options.

I run AdGuard to provide local encrypted DNS and more parental control for my kid. But I don't want to give her little friends access to the Main network when they visit with their phones and tablets to play Roblox, or anyone else. I'd also prefer to connect my work computer to the Guest network.

Options that would work:

• Allow custom DNS options for the DHCP server on the Guest network (to allow defining public DNS for Guest network devices only)
  • Make DHCP for the guest network completely separate from the Main, with it's own subnet/IP ranges, DNS settings, etc.
  • Allow granular control such that specific devices (DNS servers, printers, etc) on the Main network can be made accessible from all devices on the Guest network.
  • Allow granular control such that specific devices on the Guest network can be given access to specific devices on the Main network.
  • Allow granular control such that specific devices on the Guest network are accessible from all other devices on the Guest network (ie, I could put another AdGuard instance on my Guest network)

Today, the Guest network is mostly useless.

Options
2022-12-24 00:35:59
Commenting just to say I need this for the same reason as everyone else.
Options
2023-01-03 16:14:53 - last edited 2023-01-03 16:16:20

Not understanding why this kills the network. At the very least it should relay the DNS protocol.

Very disappointed. I need this feature or better yet open up the software and let me flash it myself along with the 50 other basic things these systems are lacking.

Options
2023-01-04 13:47:15

another +1 to the feature; it's quite critical to make the guest network useful at all

Options

Voters 91

+ 87 Voters