Archer C6U Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6U Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C6U Problem
Archer C6U Problem
2021-03-31 12:05:43 - last edited 2022-08-04 03:43:55
Model: Archer C6U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20201230 rel.53346

Hello. My router log is full. And twice or triple a week is not responding. No internet and my network is down. I need to reboot the router. This is happen after the latest firmware upgrade. I cleared the log and after 5 minutes i already have a 71 pages. I already tried factory reset but the problem appears again. I google it but cannot find nothing about DEBUG [992] and etc. Need help !!! Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6U Problem-Solution
2022-08-04 03:43:49 - last edited 2022-08-04 03:43:55

Hello @AbattDoom  @dr3am.r  @FlorinB  @Mihai_RO 

Please check for the updates on your router web GUI, or download and install the latest official firmware for your Archer C6U, then monitor the connectivity and system logs on it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c6u/#Firmware

Feel free to let us know if there is still an issue. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
19 Reply
Re:Archer C6U Problem
2021-04-01 03:42:38 - last edited 2021-04-01 03:43:06

@AbattDoom 

Just confirm, how many devices are connected to the C6U most of the time, are there heavy activities on the devices?

Do you remember the previous firmware version? If this issue occurs after the firmware update, please check if you can revert to the previous version, then check if there is still an issue.

BTW, who is your ISP, and what is the model number of the modem?

Options
2021-04-01 08:25:27

@Kevin_Z 

I have around 13 devices. Most of them are smart devices(lamps, cleaning robot, air purifiers), 3 phones , 2 computers , NAS and Nvidia Shield TV. Through the day i have two children with online class. There is no heavy activity. I haven't modem. My network provider is optical - media convertor. I need someone to explain the LOG. The problem is there. I can't remember the previous firmware version.

Options
2021-04-01 09:50:37

@AbattDoom 

The tech team was made aware of your issue. They will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-07-19 12:56:52

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same situation.Number of clients wired and wifi is 32.In thew near futture will be around 60.

Archer C6U updated with last firmeware.

Log file had 63 pages!!! its seams thet record one line on each 6 seconds. Interesting is that the router is not 3g or 4g.

Options
2021-07-20 03:33:20

@Mihai_RO 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-09-15 15:32:53 - last edited 2021-09-15 15:36:04

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin / @Mihai_RO ,

How was the issue fixed? Seems I have same issue, if no fix is found I'm thinking to return the device. It seems for me it is somehow device dependent. There are about 7 devices connected tl the router and only 3 (two samsung phones and one laptop with intel wifi card) have the issue with "No Internet" while device still connected to wifi. Issue is only fixed with router restart (not with device reconnecting to wifi network). Even tried with custom dns server (on laptop), disabled Mesh, and IPv6, and Smart Connect. Also same as with Mihai the syatem log fills like crazy.

Options
2021-09-16 09:14:46

@dr3am.r 

Can I have the model of the Samsung phones and laptop with an Intel card? Are they connecting to the 5G network of the C6U? Try to modify the wireless settings for the 5G network, such as changing the wireless channel to a less congested one, channel width to 40MHz, security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the router and reconnect to the network on the phones and laptop.

When they display a "No Internet" error, are they still getting IP addresses from the C6U, what are they? What if you connect them to the 2.4G network, will they still display the same error?

Options
2021-09-16 09:38:17
Samsung s10e Samsung A3 2017 Lenovo Thinkpad T480 (Intel AC 8265) All on 5ghz network. Changed the configuration from Wpa2/3 with AES to Wpa1/2 with Auto. Channel does not influence (switched to several both for 5g and 2.4g). Also changing the wpa version did not change. 5-6 times a day I get No Internet, ping shows "general failure" on windows pc, while network remains connected (ip assigned). Disabling mesh or ipv6 (read on another forum this might be the issue) also did not influence this behavior. When on No internet on PC if I switch to the 2.4ghz network, still I get the No Internet. Now reverted from 1.0.4 fir.ware to previous 1.0.2 (without mesh and wpa3) and at least from morning until now did not get any No Internet, will monitor. Qualcomm based phones have no issues (Oneplus 7 Pro, ZTE Axon 7...)
Options
2021-12-10 08:15:35 - last edited 2021-12-10 08:19:49

@dr3am.r 

Hi Team,

Is there an update to this issue ? I have a brand new router, and hit this type of issues like "no internet connection" ?

After observing the issue for some time, all devices connecting to the router exibit this issue. So all devices connect properly initiall thus getting IP from router, then after some time the "no internet connection" is seen while device still connected to wifi. Only restart of router fixes the issue, not even switching bands from 5 to 2.4ghz and other way round.

Also internet on router end is always working as not all devices connected to wifi see same issue at same time. While for example on laptop I see "no internet connection" on my phone internet still working fine, until I see something similar also on phone with no internet.

Is there any beta firmware or some newer one where this issue is fixed ? I am on latest one Archer C6U(EU)_V1_201230  with Mesh disabled as seen on another C6 forum. Please help figure this out, as router functions good while it functions. Never seen this type of issues with any of previous TP-Link routers, and this issue seems clearly a firmware issue.

Options
2021-12-13 03:11:33

@dr3am.r 

Hello, we would like to escalate your case to our engineers, the engineering team will investigate to see if it is a concern in the router that can be resolved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2062

Replies: 19

Related Articles