Archer A2300 router will not register with serial number, won't connect to cloud or firmware server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A2300 router will not register with serial number, won't connect to cloud or firmware server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-31 20:18:43 - last edited 2021-03-31 20:21:22
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180123 Rel. 73741

Hello!

I contacted TP-Link support because my router won't register with my TP-Link account for remote management. When I try, I receive the error message, "Unable to connect to the cloud server."  While in the process of trying to sort this out, I tried to register my product on the TP-Link web site. It would not register, and told me that my serial number was bad. I can't help but think that these issues are related. I've already tried the usual firmware update, corrected time settings, changed DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I've spent hours on the chat with TP-Link support, and I was supposed to hear from a "Senior Engineer" within 1 business day, but this hasn't happened. Has anyone else had any experience with this? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A2300 router will not register with serial number, won't connect to cloud or firmware server
2021-04-02 10:01:35

@EmailJim 

I also found that your case had been handled by the engineers, they are working on it. Please check the email follow-up with the engineers directly.

Options
Re:Archer A2300 router will not register with serial number, won't connect to cloud or firmware server
2021-04-06 02:28:06 - last edited 2021-04-06 14:12:50

@Kevin_Z Hi! I've been waiting for follow-up but it's been almost a week now with no response since my last message telling me that they are working on it. I've spent hours on the chat with tech support prior to that. Hoping that someone can help fix this or issue an RMA for repair so that I can have a properly functioning router. 

Options
2021-04-07 01:35:44

@EmailJim 

Thanks for reminding. We have reminded the engineers, they will confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 3

Related Articles