Double NAT Problem Xbox Series X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-04 11:46:37
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

not so long ago I have purchased. the Archer C6 of Amazon.

Since then I have been trying to connect my XBOX Series X to the internet which works quite goo the XBOX just always tells me I have a double NAT which means I cannot play with my friends via XBOX Live.

I have tried every setting on the tplinkwifi.net websit but nothing seems to be working.

Sometimes it changes to the problem "Teredo" which I cannot get rid of either.

Please help me.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Double NAT Problem Xbox Series X
2021-04-04 14:49:22

@MrKarma 

If you have an ISP device (modem/router) that is configured to do a NAT, then try to configure it in bridge mode (if possible) - thus only C6 will NAT in your network.

The other way around is to configure C6 in AP mode (ISP device is NAT-ing) so you can avoid the double NAT in your network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-04 14:52:54

@terziyski 

Thank you,

I have already tried IP which didn't work because the XBOX told me the UPnP or teredo problem which i couldn't fix because of AP mode.

Furthermore I do not have access to the ISP modem.

Options
2021-04-04 16:36:04 - last edited 2021-04-04 17:17:16

@MrKarma 

The problem may be with your ISP device.

There are two options:

1. Call your ISP and ask them to open all ports to the device behind their modem (that would be your C6). Also aks them to enable UPnP, etc. Then configure C6 in AP mode.

2. Call your ISP and ask them to set their modem in bridge mode (if possible) so you can use your C6 in router mode and control which port should be open or not, UPnP, etc. (better scenario).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-04 23:15:03

MrKarma wrote

@terziyski 

Thank you,

I have already tried IP which didn't work because the XBOX told me the UPnP or teredo problem which i couldn't fix because of AP mode.

Furthermore I do not have access to the ISP modem.

@MrKarma 

Hi,

Can you tell us a bit more about the type of Internet connection you are using?

Is there just an Ethernet socket in your wall that you are connecting to?

In case the ISP's modem is actually visible to you, can you let us know the make and model?

Options
2021-04-06 09:49:27
Ther is just an Ethernet Socket coming out of my wall and that is it
Options
2021-04-06 10:11:47 - last edited 2021-04-07 08:40:50

@MrKarma 

Can you check if your C6 WAN (Internet) IP address is public or private ?

Private IP address ranges:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

If it's public then the problem could be with your C6 configuration.

If it's private then that's the reason for double NAT and my previous suggestions are valid.

Follow this guide and check if that helps.

Here's a troubleshooting guide for your issue:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 8893

Replies: 6

Related Articles