tpPLC restrictions under Windows 10 - possibly max. number of powerline devices reached?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tpPLC restrictions under Windows 10 - possibly max. number of powerline devices reached?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-09 09:57:38
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there, I require a larger number of powerline adapters to cover all areas of our property including a three level house, garage and pool area (lucky us).

Anyways I am using the tpPLC utility in Windows 10 and IOS to manage my network which currently consists of three power line Wifi extenders (2 of the model type TL-WPA4220 v4.0 and one of model type TL-WPA4220 v5.0). In addition I have many simple power line adapters, 2 of model type TL-PA411 v2.0 and three of model type TL-PA411 v4.0. This in total are 8 power line adapters that are nicely shown in the tpPLC utility in Windows 10 and IOS. I can manage the devices without issues in both Windows 10 and IOS using the tpPLC utility.

However I recently bought two new models (TL-PA4010P) which I need to connect some older devices that are not Wifi capable using an ethernet cable. The windows 10 version of the tpPLC utility get confused as soon I add one more device to the existing 8 in the power line network. The devices screen of the utility only shows two devices without being connected to each other. When I remove the new device the screen of the tpPLC utility goes back to normal and shows the old already existing 8 devices. When I power off one of the 8 older devices and than plug-in one of the two new devices the tpPLC utility works fine. It shows the 7 old devices plus the one new device I plugged in. As soon I plug in a nineth device the Windows tpPLC utility gets confused again. This only happens in Windows, the IOS version of the tpPLC utility seems to work fine even with both new devices plugged in (totaling the network to 10 devices). 

It appears that the Windows version of the tpPLC utility is restricted to a max. of 8 power line adapters which means it can't handle a network with more devices such as mine.

Has someone experienced this issue as well or does anybody out there now whether there is a restriction on the number of devices for the Windows version of tpPLC?

Thanks in advance. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:tpPLC restrictions under Windows 10 - possibly max. number of powerline devices reached?
2021-05-04 21:36:01

@Aussiebauer I'm seeing the same problem. Haven't worked out a resolution. Am working with TL-PA8010P kits which permit up to 24 nodes. Trying to run just 10 nodes but TPPLC app fails to work with this number of devices. Appears to be an issue or limitation with TPPLC. Have installed newest version of software. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 482

Replies: 1