Re:New Firmware Update---Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000
2021-04-28 08:24:38

@kwoolley 

Don't you worry, we'll get to the bottom of this ... eventually. wink

Options
2021-04-28 08:28:08 - last edited 2021-04-28 08:36:26

@kwoolley 

Hi again folks. Since my initial post a few days ago I thought I'd give a brief update. I'm sorry to hear of the glitches and frustrations others are having but I must say I haven't had any problems at all. Onemesh is still functioning as I initially set it up with One RE605X upstairs and the main router downstairs using SMART. The router speeds are as attached (I am paying for 350mb from Virgin) and as you can see both the 2.4g and 5g on the RE605X are perfectly acceptable. It really is puzzling how with the same setups some of us are OK whilst others seem all over the place which must make this very frustrating and a headache for the engineers to release a stable firmware update.

Steve

Options
2021-04-28 09:17:37

Hello @soram 

Is your Tether acting up, or is it working ok?

Regards

Maciej

Options
2021-04-28 09:19:54

@xokia  Onemesh only works between Onemesh Router and Onemesh extenders, but not between two Onemesh routers. You can read about it there (Q10):
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2690/

Options
2021-04-28 09:26:26

Maciej wrote

Hello @soram 

Is your Tether acting up, or is it working ok?

Regards

Maciej

It's been working fine as I set it up 4 days ago

Thanks

Steve

Options
2021-04-28 09:51:09

@soram 

Lucky you!

But I'm steadfastly convinced I'll get my setup running properly ... one day.

Options
2021-04-28 10:06:12

Maciej wrote

@soram 

Lucky you!

But I'm steadfastly convinced I'll get my setup running properly ... one day.

@Maciej 

Indeed! I've no idea why mine should be OK and others not which must be very frustrating but I can only speak as I find. I must admit however, reading through this forum I'm expecting mine to start playing up any day soon indecision....... I wish everyone well and that setups work as advertised and intended especially with new (none beta) firmware.

Options
2021-04-28 10:40:59

@kwoolley  If you have already purchased the RE605X, you can install them one by one to work with the AX11000 to build up the Onemesh network, as you can see soram doesn't encounter any issue with the setup and Onemesh performance, and I believe most of the users are enjoying the Onmesh network now, so no worries. The Onemesh firmware had been strictly tested before release, so the basic functions and features are working properly. As for the issues Maciej & Scott79 encountered and reported, our engineers are working actively with them, it will be figured out soon if there is a bug or special issue wiht the usage or network.

Options
2021-04-28 10:54:49

Kevin_Z wrote

@kwoolley  If you have already purchased the RE605X, you can install them one by one to work with the AX11000 to build up the Onemesh network, as you can see soram doesn't encounter any issue with the setup and Onemesh performance, and I believe most of the users are enjoying the Onmesh network now, so no worries. The Onemesh firmware had been strictly tested before release, so the basic functions and features are working properly. As for the issues Maciej & Scott79 encountered and reported, our engineers are working actively with them, it will be figured out soon if there is a bug or special issue wiht the usage or network.

@Kevin_Z 

Are we still on the BETA firmware?

Options
2021-04-28 11:15:51 - last edited 2021-04-28 15:07:04

@Kevin_Z So doesnt work with access points as onemesh units can only use repeaters? That kinda sucks seems like an arbitrary limitation. An access point has an ethernet connection and wifi. When will faster repeaters be supported?

The FAQ explains why folks are seeing slower speeds with onemesh. It doesnt support ethernet backhual either. Which means folks have no choice but to use wifi as the backhual which means bandwidth will get reduced with onemesh. Depending on traffic I could see Bandwidth being reduced by half. You might want to explain this in the FAQ. I now see onemesh as being no different then the standard wifi repeaters that are on the market except that onemesh has additional limitations. Seems wierd you folks are calling it a mesh network unless I am missing something. I'd call onemesh a psuedo mesh network. Regards.

Based on these limitations I think I'm done with onemesh time to return some routers. I'll switch to something that supports a true mesh network.

It would be interesting experiment if folks have standard repeaters. Try setting one up to use the 5ghz gaming channel check your speed. Would be intersting to see if you get similar speeds. The other thing is with the a standard repeater you can use ethernet backhual.

Options
Related Articles