AX50 Slow Wired Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 Slow Wired Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX50 Slow Wired Speeds
AX50 Slow Wired Speeds
2021-04-27 17:32:40
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

Hello,

I have purchased the TP-Link AX50, and have been finding that this router isn't able to provide good throughput.

All of my tests are performed while wired in, with Cat6 cables that are Fluke tested. Everything negotiates at 1000mbps full. 

When I test directly with my laptop hardwired to my ISP's RJ45 handoff, I get 500/500 Mbps speeds using Speedtest (500 Mbps being the speed of my package from my ISP) But the exact same test while wired into the TP-Link results in typically 300/300 Mbps speeds while using the exact same cable.

In each test, the only thing connected is my laptop. 

I have tried the following:

- Factory Resetting the router.

- Disabling the traffic monitoring/antivirus features of the router.

- Swapping between different settings in the QOS features.

a. I've tried the factory default setting and also setting every application and device as high priority.

I ultimately purchased this router to have Wifi6/AX capability, but I still mostly use everything wired in, and finding that this router is not able to match the capability of my previous router is disappointing. Any tips?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX50 Slow Wired Speeds
2021-04-28 01:44:05
If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AX50 Slow Wired Speeds
2022-01-12 23:09:28

@billybobmac I'm having similar issues.  Were you ever able to figure out what to do?  Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 402

Replies: 2

Related Articles