Connection Issue with iPad & iPhone (TP Link MR-3020)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-01 21:18:05
Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 120817 Rel.55520n

ISP : 8ta (Telkom South Africa)

Hi I live in South Africa

I have had this router for a little less than a year now. It worked very well for the first few months, but recently it has given me some trouble. The internet connection is very good and
the router works well with me ISP. I have a PC permanently connected using the LAN cable and I normally connect up to 4 other devices via wifi.

The problem: I have an iPhone 4 and iPad 2 both using the wifi connection. At random times I come home and want to use my internet connection on my devices but the router won't allow connection. It simply gives me a message on the iPhone/iPad screen: "Unable to connect to wifi network"

Only once I remove the power from the router and start it up again does it allow my devices to connect again. This problem has been persistent and nothing I have tried seems to solve the issue. I have changed the region to 'United States' in the wireless settings. I have even used IP and Mac binding to try solve the problem, but still no change.

My iPhone and iPad are both able to connect to other networks like at my work place without problems.
I don't often pick up problems connecting lap tops to the wifi with a few exceptions.

If anyone else seems to have this problem, please let me know if you know of a solution to this problem, or give some suggestions to fix it.

Thanks for the help
Options
5 Reply
Re:Connection Issue with iPad & iPhone (TP Link MR-3020)
2013-03-02 16:33:12
Maybe you can try to change the wireless channel on the router, and disable WMM to have a try.
Options
2013-03-02 16:35:13
For the Iphone and Ipad connection to TP-LINK, you can try to change the channel to number 6 on wireless settings page and the channel width to 20MHZ. These two settings normally can make the iphone and ipad connect quickly.
Options
2013-03-02 18:20:02
Thank you for the help.

I have changed the channel to 6 and disabled WMM. I will give it a few days to see if it makes any difference.
Options
So far so good
2013-03-09 19:34:52
Hi

I have been running my router without any problems for about a week now with no connection issues.
I will see how it goes from here, hopefully it stays the same.

Thanks again for the help!
Options
Issues with 3G Dongle
2014-03-05 21:59:48
Hi All..

I found this thread after getting frustrated with trying to connect my 3G card through my TP Link MR3020.
It has "Identified" my 3G USB dongle (from Telkom Mobile - D-LINK DWM 156) however is struggling to connect.

Do you have any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Warren
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 5

Related Articles