Firewall port block outgoing connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-03 12:12:00

Hello to all, 

I have a question about the AX10/AX20/AX50 C80 ud C7 routers. 

I would like to know if it is possible to block ports for outgoing connections in the firewall on one of these devices. The reason is that I have a TAPO wifi camera at home and I want this camera to be accessible only by wifi and not be able to connect to the cloud. 

If it is not possible, is there any other idea how I can prevent the camera from connecting to the Internet? 

I am grateful for any tips. 

Thank you very much. 

Moritz smiley

Options
1 Reply
Re:Firewall port block outgoing connection.
2021-05-04 08:17:30

@Moritz_ 

While router firewall works only for incoming connections you can try using Parental control or Access control (check the router's user guide for details) for`restricting Internet access or website access for a particular device.

Here's a guide for configuring Parental Controls - at the bottom of the guide there's an option to pause the internet access immediately for a particular device.

If that doesn't suit your needs the other thing you could try is to configure static IP address settings on camera and leave its gateway IP address empty (if possible), then test if the camera is accessing the cloud.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1924

Replies: 1