Archer C2300 Internet Drops Intermittently for 45s-60s - All Devices Lose Connection - Modem OK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2300 Internet Drops Intermittently for 45s-60s - All Devices Lose Connection - Modem OK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-06 17:59:06
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668

For about 4 months I have been experiencing the incredibly frustrating issue of my internet dropping intermittently and all devices losing connection. This can happen as infrequently as once per day, or as frequently as 15 times in an hour. 

Initially, I was in contact with my ISP, however we ruled out the modem & internet service as the issue, because when I remove the Router and use only the Modem as the Residential Gateway, I do not experience this issue. Only when I disable the Residential Gateway function on my Modem, and use the Router as my network, do I have this problem. 

What happens is that the Internet LED goes from Blue/White to Red, all devices lose connection, and then about 45-60s later the Router restores connection and the LED goes back to Blue/White. Nothing happens to the LEDs on my Modem during this time. Attached is a photo of the LED situation on my Router.

My hardware set up is: 

• Cable Modem - HiTron CGN3 - Residential Gateway Disabled

• Router - TPLINK Archer C2300 - Router Function Enabled - Dynamic IP - Router is set to Primary DNS 8.8.8.8, Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

• PC - Windows 10 - Hardwired to Router

• Numerous Wifi Devices (2 speakers, one tv, LED lights, 2 phones, and a tablet).

The Solutions I have attempted are:

1. Hard Reset Modem and relocated modem to entry point of coaxial cable into house. Modem is plugged into wall outlet, and not into power bar. Again, modem does not seem to be the issue here but figured it was worth mentioning.

2. Moved Router to plug into a different Power Bar - continue to experience connectivity loss.

3. Factory Reset Router and added back into the equation - continue to experience connectivity loss.

4. Replaced literally every single Ethernet cable possible - continue to experience connectivity loss.

5. Moving the modem to the entry point removes 1 joined coaxial from the equation, but it moreso seems to be an issue between the router and the modem, as when I remove the router from the equation I don't seem to get the same issue.

6. Manually upgraded the Firmware of the Router via the .BIN file. 

7. Removed the Router entirely, reset the Modem to Gateway Function and plugged directly into it - this solves the issue, but only because the router is no longer a part of the network. When I add the router back in, I get the same issue.

Thank you for any help - this issue has been plaguing me for 4 months and TPLINK Support has been very slow to respond / provide troubleshooting.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 Internet Drops Intermittently for 45s-60s - All Devices Lose Connection - Modem OK
2021-05-08 01:52:20

@rescuecan 

May I know who is your ISP? Please login to the router web GUI when the internet LED changes to red, check if there is still a WAN IP address on the Status page, show us the screenshot, thanks.

Please send us the whole system log on the C2300, including those before and after the disconnect issue happens. We will email you to follow this up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 1