TP-Link 3420 v1 and ZTE MF 195 compatibility - Creating a custom BIN file?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-03 05:13:40
Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.8 Build 110418 Rel.43954n

ISP : SBB - Serbia Broadband

Hi to everyone,
I have been usung TP link for years, and now I want to use the 3G modem option the 3420 offers. But in the list of countries I can't find Serbia, and
I can't find the ZTE MF 195. I found that on the TP Links site list of compatible modems there is Other countries, but in the modem list there isn't such
an option, and since there is also no ZTE MF 195, and there isn't a "Telenor" entry for the service provider.
I tried telling the router that I'm from another country, and setting up some of the parameters manualy, but "suprisingly" it didnt work. Is there or could someone
make a program which makes BIN files specific to the modem that isn't on the list, or is there a place where the BIN files grow?

Thank you.
Zhile.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link 3420 v1 and ZTE MF 195 compatibility - Creating a custom BIN file?
2013-03-03 14:54:18
you can contact the tp-link or ZTE to see if there is a sniffer to make a binfile.
Options
Re:TP-Link 3420 v1 and ZTE MF 195 compatibility - Creating a custom BIN file?
2013-03-03 15:29:37
Glad to see there is someone out there, I have had many different problems with different hardware and when I tried contact with HP, Asus, MSI, the answer most often was get another..... whatever. Or use the 190 it has drivers. In this case, If I had another unit I would have changed it. So, no, I haven't tried the manufaturer.
The ZTE MF 195 seems to be a cheep 3G modem and for some time on the market. So I'm suprised that TP link hasn't included it yet. ZTE doesn't have BIN files at all. Not for any modem they make.
I will try TP link and see what they can offer.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Zhile
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 2