Archer C80 disconnects smart device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 13:08:04
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 210308 Rel.60033n(4555)

I have the following problem:

I am trying to use this device https://sonoff.tech/product/diy-smart-switch/basicr2 with the Archer C80 router. I can make the connection with the mobile application, the application registers the device, but it appears "disconnected". The same device works using a cell phone hotspot or a TL-WDR 4300 router. Together with the same Archer C80, two Internet-controlled intelligent Compuherm thermostats work perfectly. Which of the Archer settings prevents the sonoff connection AFTER the device is registered in the application? Thanks in advance for any information.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Archer C80 disconnects smart device
2021-05-14 13:45:49

@redovidiu 

There shouldn't any particular reason for that except if you have turned ON Smart Connect wireless feature. If you have then turn it OFF.

What I have experienced with sonoffs when replacing router is that I had to delete the sonoff device from the app when connected to the old router, then change the router and after that successfully added (paired) with the new router.

Here some more detailed information for troubleshooting these kind of issues:

https://help.ewelink.cc/hc/en-us/articles/360038256611-Pairing-failed-Read-this-before-you-try-again

https://sonoff.ma/product-tutorials/blink-blink-sonoff-product-is-talking-to-you-sonoff-marrakech-casablanca-agadir-tanger-rabat-maroc.html

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-05-15 06:52:15

@terziyski Thanks for the information, but the problem is this way. The device goes through the pairing procedure, it is registered in the application, but they are in the case presented here: https://sonoff.ma/product-tutorials/blink-blink-sonoff-product-is-talking-to-you-sonoff -marrakech-casablanca-agadir-tanger-rabat-maroc.html
2. The device has been paired in eWeLink ever but failed to connect to the router, the device icon shows offline from eWeLink application.
Reasons for “No WiFi Connection” issue:
1. A wrong Wi-Fi SSID or password was input.
2. Lower carrying capacity of the router.
3. Because of the weak Wi-Fi signal of the device.
4. The MAC of the device is in the black list of your MAC management.
Unfortunately, I do not fit into any of the situations.
In the meantime, I used a second cell phone as a hotspot instead of connecting to the router and sonoff basic r2 works perfectly. I called the technical assistance from the company where I bought sonoff and they told me that they have encountered this problem in some cases, being a setting of the router that closes the port to sonoff after pairing probably because it sees it inactive. ... every problem solved punctually on the forums of the respective producers ...

Options
2021-05-15 18:02:15 - last edited 2021-05-15 22:12:52

@redovidiu 

Do you have other sonoff deices in your network ? If you do, is this the only one with problem connecting ?

I would suggest to reset the router to factory default settings and configure only the basic parameters - no QoS, no parental/access control etc.

Then test it again. If possible with your network setup try putting C80 in AP mode and test again just to try locate the root cause.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-05-15 22:23:45

@terziyski 

I reset the router to factory settings and did not change anything. The only change was the ISP username and password. Same problem. Unfortunately, I can't configure it as an AP. Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought about it, but I was too lazy in the first phase to implement it.

Options
2021-05-18 05:50:38

@redovidiu 

I'm wondering if this helps: try to disconnect all the other devices in the network, restart the C80 and the sonoff smart switch, then check again if it can show as online on the app. If this works, that might be some specific ports had been occupied. May I know which port does this sonoff switch use communicate with the app?

Options
2021-05-18 14:52:47

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try this tomorrow when I get to that location. As for the port it communicates with the application, I found this, but it does not refer to the model I use, and the default port is 8081 (see the latest information in the link) http://developers.sonoff.tech/sonoff-diy -mode-api-protocol.html

Options
2021-05-19 01:02:04

@redovidiu 

I see. Please kindly test if disconnecting all the other devices from the network helps, we will then investigate further, thanks.

Options
2021-06-14 14:11:13

@Kevin_Z 

I apologize for the late reply, but a problem with my job prevented me from getting to the location where I have those devices. I tried what you suggested in the last answer, the only device that remained connected to the router being the cell phone that has the sonoff application installed. I mention that I reset the router to the default settings before trying to pair. Unfortunately, the same result.

Options
2021-06-15 07:53:21

@redovidiu 

Please check again if these Sonoff smart switches show up in the router DHCP client list, are they getting an IP address automatically from the network?

BTW, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-06-15 10:14:16 - last edited 2021-06-15 10:18:07

@Kevin_Z 

No, after the connection failed, sonoff does not appear in the DHCP router client list either. Anyway, thanks for the support. I am waiting for the support of the engineers.

By the way, if I use an Tp-Link AC1900 Range Extender Wi-Fi, is it possible to solve the problem?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1094

Replies: 10

Related Articles