Av600 has wrong subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Av600 has wrong subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Av600 has wrong subnet
Av600 has wrong subnet
2021-05-21 13:58:23
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

My av600 works perfectly in the house, connecting to my routers dhcp and joining 192.168.20.xxx. But when I move it to the garage wheee I need it two weird things happen;

1) it joins a non existent subnet 192.168.0.xxx

2) the powerline light flashes on/off like there's noise or interference. 

If I plug it back in the main house, it's happy again on 192.168.20 and the lights don't flash. 

Separately, but maybe related, is an occasional power trip in the cottage. I haven't been able to isolate the issue but the electrician suspects a neutral fault, possibly caused by damp/water. 

So. Why is it on the wrong subnet, and might a "neutral fault" cause enough interference to throw it off?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Av600 has wrong subnet
2021-05-25 09:21:05

@HomeFi does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Options
Re:Av600 has wrong subnet
2021-05-26 07:29:32

@HomeFi Hello, 

If 2 powerline units are paired, device should get an IP address from main router. 

OFF powerline Led means two power line units lost pair, therefore client got an IP address from wireless adapter's smart DHCP which is on 192.168.0. x subnet. (smart DHCP)

Make sure garage and main house is under the same power meter / same power circuit or powerline units will not able to pair to each other. 

You could try a different wall socket for the Wi-Fi extender in garage, if house led still flashing or off, I'm afraid to garage 's power line environment is not very suitable to powerline units, it is recommended to use  the PLC kit inside the house. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 2