TP-Link WPA271KIT all set up and working but speed has considerably dropped?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-03 22:37:54
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA271KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : TalkTalk

Hello

I got one of those powerline kits recently and set it all up and it's working fine, however my connection speed from the wireless powerline extender is fairly slow (slower than before anyway). I have connected the 1st powerline adapter to a Netgear router which is this one here Buy NETGEAR DGN1000 N150 Wireless ADSL Router | Free Delivery | Currys and the 2nd (wireless extender) in my bedroom upstairs. (Both in wall sockets)

Now i was thinking is my connection maybe slower because the wireless powerline adapter isn't that great and that the WPA-281 would be a better option?

Also, could the router being a different manufacturer have an impact, as it's not a TP-lInk product?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link WPA271KIT all set up and working but speed has considerably dropped?
2013-03-04 16:50:15
the speed is affected by the powerline device and the electric wire.
you can plug the two powerline units in the same extension lead and test the speed.
Options
Re:TP-Link WPA271KIT all set up and working but speed has considerably dropped?
2013-03-05 04:37:53

joyce wrote

the speed is affected by the powerline device and the electric wire.
you can plug the two powerline units in the same extension lead and test the speed.

Surely plugging into a extension lead will weaken the connection speed though? It even says in the instructions not to plug the homeplugs into extension sockets...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles