OneMesh TP-Link powerline wifi adapter with non TP-Link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-28 04:32:16

Hi,

Is it possible to setup OneMesh using TP-Link powerline adapters with Wifi but a non TP-Link router?

I have been using TP-Link powerline adapters for years to extend Ethernet to my rooms. I now want to add the TP-Link powerline adapters with Wifi to extend Wifi coverage without having different Wifi SSID, etc. I was looking at OneMesh but from what I have read it seems that I need a TP-Link router as well which I currently don't have. The powerline adapters with Wifi is already going to cost a bit and I dont want to spend more on a router when I already have a working one.

Can I use OneMesh with a non TP Link router and a bunch of TP Link powerline+wifi adapters and have my devices seamlessly work on Wifi when i move around the house?

If not, what options would be possible? Any links that explain the details would be useful for me to understand.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 0

Related Articles