Unable to set up internet connection from my PC to Deco M5 via Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 02:44:21 - last edited 2021-06-10 18:56:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Hope you guys are all well.

I have just gotten my Deco M5 yesterday and went through the step by step set ups from the TP Link Deco phone app itself. My previous router (free router from Unifi) has had some connectivity issue hence the upgrade. Everything was set up perfectly, I have the Deco M5 3 nodes all set up in 3 floors, all the wifi are working perfectly, execpt that I couldn't establish an internet connection via Ethernet from my pc to the main Deco.

It frustrates me as I'm a gamer and I'm used to the wired connection as well as the latency. I have tried to googled for solutions as my LAN network shows "Unidentified Network - No internet". As I do a troubleshoot on the LAN adapter, the result was "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP Configuration". 

I would very much like to have a LAN established connection since my PC is sorta beside the main Deco node as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and stay safe,

D.Ghan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to set up internet connection from my PC to Deco M5 via Ethernet-Solution
2021-06-10 18:56:06 - last edited 2021-06-10 18:56:21

Hi @Alexandre. 

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your 2 points:

1. I am not a technical geek so I didn't really understand what you were saying haha.

So I'll be going in blind and tell you what I did:
I'm not sure if my PC has a configured static IP with Unifi (I am using Unifi, 300mbps). But I did try to look into Deco's app MORE>ADVANCED>LAN IP and found Deco's IP address? By default, when I go into properties of my LAN adapter, my IPv4 and DNS was set to "Obtain IP address automatically". So I tried inputing Deco's IP address into it and it doesn't work as well. I also tried many ways on Google and to no avail.

2. Upon reading your suggestions, I went to turn the option for IPTV/VLAN to Disabled. My internet connection was 0 after the Deco rebooted.So I guess it must be Enabled. I then clicked into your link to read more.

On Step 3 it says this:

"Other wired network clients or switches that are plugged into the IPTV port won’t have internet access when connected to this Ethernet port on the main Deco. However, you can still connect them to the Ethernet ports of the slave Deco units to get internet access."

So I was thinking, okay so the Main Deco only can connect to an IPTV while the 2 other slave Deco can be connected via Ethernet, so I guess I'll just have to disable IPTV? since Im not using. Upon further prodding, I found out that you can actually customize ur ISP profile. So instead of selecting "Malaysia-TM Unifi", I clicked custom instead. When I do that, they automatically already captured the Unifi ISP's profile (VLAN ID - 500; IPTV - 600). I had yet to find out how or what the "priority" figure does but thats for another time.

Thankfully there is an option to disable "IPTV" and once I did that and I reboot my LAN adapter, my PC is now connected to the Deco WIRED-LY! Don't know why but Im super happy. Now my connections are stablized @ 300mbps. With 5Ghz wifi it's capped at 180mbps.

So thank you @alexandre. for your help. Appreciate it.

Stay safe and take care dude.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to set up internet connection from my PC to Deco M5 via Ethernet
2021-06-10 12:41:27

@D.Ghan 

Start with checking for two things:

1. If you have PC configured with static IP address, or hardcoded DNS servers with local IP address (Unifi, perhaps);

2. That iPTV feature is disabled in Deco mesh, see How to Configure IPTV function on Deco? for explanation what it is.

If that doesn't help to figure and fix the issue, find something else in your house you could connect by Ethernet cable: laptop, Roku, Smart TV, etc. - and see if they can have Internet when connected to second Deco port. That would help to narrow issue to either PC or Deco.

Options
Re:Unable to set up internet connection from my PC to Deco M5 via Ethernet-Solution
2021-06-10 18:56:06 - last edited 2021-06-10 18:56:21

Hi @Alexandre. 

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your 2 points:

1. I am not a technical geek so I didn't really understand what you were saying haha.

So I'll be going in blind and tell you what I did:
I'm not sure if my PC has a configured static IP with Unifi (I am using Unifi, 300mbps). But I did try to look into Deco's app MORE>ADVANCED>LAN IP and found Deco's IP address? By default, when I go into properties of my LAN adapter, my IPv4 and DNS was set to "Obtain IP address automatically". So I tried inputing Deco's IP address into it and it doesn't work as well. I also tried many ways on Google and to no avail.

2. Upon reading your suggestions, I went to turn the option for IPTV/VLAN to Disabled. My internet connection was 0 after the Deco rebooted.So I guess it must be Enabled. I then clicked into your link to read more.

On Step 3 it says this:

"Other wired network clients or switches that are plugged into the IPTV port won’t have internet access when connected to this Ethernet port on the main Deco. However, you can still connect them to the Ethernet ports of the slave Deco units to get internet access."

So I was thinking, okay so the Main Deco only can connect to an IPTV while the 2 other slave Deco can be connected via Ethernet, so I guess I'll just have to disable IPTV? since Im not using. Upon further prodding, I found out that you can actually customize ur ISP profile. So instead of selecting "Malaysia-TM Unifi", I clicked custom instead. When I do that, they automatically already captured the Unifi ISP's profile (VLAN ID - 500; IPTV - 600). I had yet to find out how or what the "priority" figure does but thats for another time.

Thankfully there is an option to disable "IPTV" and once I did that and I reboot my LAN adapter, my PC is now connected to the Deco WIRED-LY! Don't know why but Im super happy. Now my connections are stablized @ 300mbps. With 5Ghz wifi it's capped at 180mbps.

So thank you @alexandre. for your help. Appreciate it.

Stay safe and take care dude.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 883

Replies: 2

Related Articles