QOS Rule list on MR600 is not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 08:43:23
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0.0.9.1 V0001.0 Build 200511

Is there any to get the QOS working on mr600 v1. I tried every tutorial that I found in the internet but no luck .

I follow this official instruction from tplink.

How to use QoS on TP-Link Wireless Dual Band 4G LTE Router (new logo)?

The bandwidth cap for download and upload in QOS is working fine.

But when I put the maximum speed of my ISP and try to add a client to priority list. Ex. low priority.

The speed was still the same with the client.

Also tried create a guest network and put it on the low priority list.

The result was still the same.

Options
3 Reply
Re:QOS Rule list on MR600 is not working
2021-06-28 14:08:15

@dvyx That sounds exactly what you'd expect from QoS. It should only limit bandwidth IF something higher priority needs it.

TBH I'm surprised, I've never seen it work that way on my V1 and others have reported it's behaviour making no sense. Which firmware are you using?

Options
2021-06-29 08:31:55

@JerryAtrick I'm using the latest official firmware. The only issue that I have is the low-priority clients are still reaching the maximum bandwidth that I put on QOS. Is there any way that I can limit the speed of the client that I want.

Options
2021-06-29 12:57:54
QoS isn't designed to arbitrarily throttle connections. It's designed to prioritise important ones. AFAIK there's no quota management support on the MR600, it's only a low end router bolted onto a mediocre LTE modem. It barely supports all the functions it does advertise.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 790

Replies: 3

Related Articles