TL-PA4022P Kit losing connection all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-28 19:20:28
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20-00_402114_191120_901

Hi,

Recently I've bought 2 sets of the TL-PA4022P Kit. This makes 4 adapters in total. I'm only using 3 of them. One in the meter box on the first floor, that's where my router is located, and two on the 3rd floor, that's where my home office is. From the moment I installed them they are giving me headaches. Even more than the terrible WiFi connection I had before. The connection is very poor and drops all the time. It's so bad that my computer forgets its IP address and I have to reconnect to the network to be able to work again. This happens multiple times per hour.

The things I've done so far is rewire the meter box so that the power lines are all in the same electrical phase. I've turned off the power safe feature because I thought these things were falling asleep. I've watched the behavior of the 3 adapters within the tpPLC software. This showed me that the arrows are switching from direction and color (yellow to red and back) all the time. I cannot rely on my network because of these adapter. I have no problem with a lower speed occasionally. However it is unacceptable that the connection is totally lost multiple times per hour.

I've also searched for the option to lower interference with ADSL/VDSL routers. This switch doesn't seem available on this type of powerline adapter. Please help! What else can I do to stabilize my network?

Regards, Vincent

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 0