Deco M4 Weak Connection & Certain apps can't connect after Deco setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-29 17:32:52
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

I recently set up the Deco M4.

But the connection isn't very seamless, is it because I still have the old router connections on? (2.4 & 5) 

What else have I missed from following the app? Any suggestions for stronger connection? 

For more context: I live in a double-storey home and have 2 M4 devices, 1 as Main (second floor) and 1 as the secondary unit (ground floor). 

my Deco m4 is connected to Maxis Fibre. 

Also, ever since connecting to Deco M4, my applications on mobiles connect fine but a music streaming app doesn't connect well.

I can connect the app to the network and search up the songs and load images on the app but the music will not stream. The notice that there's no network will keep popping out despite the mobile being connected to the network. 

I have also tried connecting to the old connections (Maxis 2.4 & 5) but the songs will not load as well. I have already tried the simple troubleshooting (i.e uninstalling, switching on and off, disconnecting) 

Appreciate any helpful advices! Thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Weak Connection & Certain apps can't connect after Deco setup
2021-06-29 18:25:11

@peachgum_ 

You should ideally be disabling the WiFi on your ISP router, its not going to work "seamlessly" with the deco.   Your devices will disconnect as they move between Router and Deco, would totally recommend disabling this.

The next thing to check is on the Deco app open the node you are connected too and check the signal source, in your case this will be the 2nd floor main node.   Ensure this is a strong connection.. if not you may need to relocate the node or even purchase a 3rd node.

Also look for an occasion RED light on the node

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1

Related Articles