MR6400 / MR200 / MR400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR6400 / MR200 / MR400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MR6400 / MR200 / MR400
MR6400 / MR200 / MR400
2021-07-01 15:32:10
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I need an LTE router for my second home in rural area (EU). There's a direct line of sight from my cottage to the cell tower at 2.5 km distance and it runs at 4G / 1800 MHz. I've bought a pair of external antenna on the roof and these three models from TP-Link are the candidates for my purchase tomorrow:

• Archer MR200 (V4)
  • Archer MR400 (V4)
  • Archer MR6400 (V5)

They're all identically priced and hardware versions are new. Normally I'd go for the newest device with best specs (MR400) but I'm reading a lot of negative reviews concerning it. I need the manual band selection but I don't need any of the actual wireless properties since the modem will be connected to my extensive collection of local area devices. The only property I need is stability since I want to remotely access certain devices and servers in the building.

So far I've been going for the MR6400. Regardless of being an ancient model, it seems to be the best functioning of those three with a modern hardware version. Does anyone have any input for the choice?

Again future proof specs aren't my concern; I only need the device for the signal translation and stability.

Kindly,

Options
1 Reply
Re:MR6400 / MR200 / MR400
2021-07-26 11:50:25

aliasPEBKAC wrote

Hi!

I need an LTE router for my second home in rural area (EU). There's a direct line of sight from my cottage to the cell tower at 2.5 km distance and it runs at 4G / 1800 MHz. I've bought a pair of external antenna on the roof and these three models from TP-Link are the candidates for my purchase tomorrow:

• Archer MR200 (V4)
  • Archer MR400 (V4)
  • Archer MR6400 (V5)

They're all identically priced and hardware versions are new. Normally I'd go for the newest device with best specs (MR400) but I'm reading a lot of negative reviews concerning it. I need the manual band selection but I don't need any of the actual wireless properties since the modem will be connected to my extensive collection of local area devices. The only property I need is stability since I want to remotely access certain devices and servers in the building.

So far I've been going for the MR6400. Regardless of being an ancient model, it seems to be the best functioning of those three with a modern hardware version. Does anyone have any input for the choice?

Again future proof specs aren't my concern; I only need the device for the signal translation and stability.

Kindly,

@aliasPEBKAC 

Hello PEBKAC,

Recently I bought a MR6400 v2.1 on eBay.
Works fine, but only between times when it loses the LTE, Vodafone 800 MHz connection.

Every day, at random times.

Nothing unusual in status window.

My phone on the same network just keeps connection.

Mobile mast within two miles. Signal strength -80 dBm, stable, Speedtest DL/UL 50-65/22 Mbps.

A firmware update, 1019, build 181219, Rel. 59200n showed no improvement.

I can't find a relationship.

Only a reboot helps, but temporarily.

Don't let anyone say "buy a later hardware version".

Moreover v4 shows the same shortcoming.

But guess what!! My MR400 shows no problem at all !!

I have read many messages, also from other 4G routers. I couldn't find a solution from TP-Link.

Do we have to say Goodbye to them, I really can't understand this.

Nevertheless, comments are welcome.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3395

Replies: 1

Related Articles