OneMesh Feature Request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OneMesh Feature Request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OneMesh Feature Request
OneMesh Feature Request
2021-07-01 16:51:42
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Can we please get OneMesh to incorporate multiple routers in a mesh system?

Options
6 Reply
Re:OneMesh Feature Request
2021-07-02 09:33:17

@Aashish_AS 

Hello, thanks for your suggestion again.

Apparently, as for now, Onemesh only works between Onemesh Router and Onemesh extenders, but not between two Onemesh routers. You can read about it there (Q10/A10):
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2690/

From the developers' point of view, that is not necessary to connect two routers in a Onemesh network, as users should purchase a router and a range extender or a router and a powerline extender to build up a Onemesh network, or they buy Deco mesh.

May we know more about why do you want to add more than one router to the Onemesh network?

Options
2021-07-02 13:33:53 - last edited 2021-07-09 09:53:27

@Kevin_Z 

I have MR200v5 as LTE router and use AX20v1 as access router.  I have dead zone within 25 feet kitchen and bedrooms and forced to place both routers via Ethernet Link and enable access points (AX20) with two SSID within 1000sqft house.  Enabling onemesh between router could help to avoid adding one more extender for transparent WiFi network experience on devices.  

Update: I added RE305v3 and solved wi-fi dead zone's.  The H/W components are almost similar but the software is restricted targeting different product portfolios. Appreciate if TPLink can enable OneMesh between routers. 

Yasin

Options
2021-07-02 15:00:59

@Kevin_Z 

The routers supporting mesh networks are generally more powerful when compared to range extenders they are hooked upon, this creates a bottleneck in the network they create. Also the availability of mesh extension units isn't good in all parts of the world.

The feature of having multiple routers in a mesh would give the ability to have good performance even when using a mesh and also the option to use the 2nd routers for other purposes if needed in the future. Also since old TP Link customers (such as myself) often have some routers lying around when we buy new ones, an update as such would allow them to have a breath of new life.

Options
2021-07-06 06:20:36
That was my mistake, I bought 3 ax6000 in hope to build a powerful network on tp-link solution, for example xiaomi routers (witch cheaper in two times), can build mesh networks routers and extenders, no difference. I believe that stupid idea, to connect router only with extenders can comes only to unprofessional management in tp-link marketing. Sales policy👍 I am sure, that there is no any technical obstacles to realize it. One more reason to chose other vendor.
Options
2021-07-06 09:50:21

@XZea

XZeal wrote

to unprofessional management in tp-link marketing.

l I completely agree! TP-Link's reputation suffered irrevocably from this decision ....

Options
2021-07-09 06:14:18

@XZeal True.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 751

Replies: 6

Related Articles