FTB \ SMB \ USB Storage feature not working on AX73 wifi 6 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-14 16:15:51 - last edited 2021-07-14 16:16:54
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200908 rel.69273(5553)

i have been going thru TP-link community post for c7 USB issue and I am facing something similar with AX73. C7 model got a beta firmware solving the issue but ax73 havent got any

I was using Ax50 & was able to use my External HDD via USB and enabled FTP and was able to use with both way traffic of Read & write on HDD. Also i was able to use SMB & media share feature on android phone & my denon AVR

But then I Upgraded to AX73 and now when I enabled USB Storage Device option am able to access FTP server but on one way traffic, .i.e. Read only option and am not able use it to write anything on HDD.

Note: this issue is happening not only on HDD(Both external powered or USB powered), but also on other Pen drive’s.

Worst part is i changed the USERNAME and now i cant even read. I changed the username back to old one but then on windows 10 pc ftp file explorer is stuck on "working on it" & on android mobile it keeps on loading. 
Please help in getting ftp accessible from AX73. this feature was working perfectly fine on AX50 and i upgraded to ax73 & USB storage feature aint working on ax73

Screenshot of USB storage device page in advanced tab -

Here are below screenshot of error faced & attached the logs as well, logs are of post reset of router to factory default & reconfigured the router from scratch  –

Regards 

Sumeet

Options
9 Reply
Re:FTB \ SMB \ USB Storage feature not working on AX73 wifi 6 router
2021-07-15 02:33:13

@Sumty_AX73 

Try to disable the Secure Sharing to check again if you can access the HDD.

Meanwhile, please try to make the drive or folder name as simple as possible, just words without special symbol.

Options
2021-07-15 10:13:03 - last edited 2021-07-15 10:18:46

Try to disable the Secure Sharing to check again if you can access the HDD. - This was done by Tikona tech support person but that didn't help

Meanwhile, please try to make the drive or folder name as simple as possible, just words without special symbol - Its kept as Alphabet "G".

below are my findings & observation -

- when i check properties, the path which was seen is "ftp://1106947596@192.168.0.1:21", in which 1106947596 is the username for read & write secure login.

- even after deleting the credentials from windows credential manager, still the username was showing in properties, whereas secure sharing was turned off

- even if i change the username and kept it as AX73, remapped ftp again but that didn't change the properties of ftp and was seen as "ftp://1106947596@192.168.0.1:21"

so above concludes that there are bugs which shows that are not changing the values or feature like secure sharing are disabled but in actual they are not changed or disabled

Options
2021-07-16 07:31:59

@Sumty_AX73 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-07-16 19:43:57

@Kevin_Z  thank for understanding the issue and escalating the issue. There are few issues I have come accross. Am sharing below in pointers

- many features when searched appears in router  admin page but when hyper link is clicked that feature is not available 

- for example, if I search wan redirect which is to enable or disable WAN down page to be either redirect to tplink router login or go to normal page. 

- features like adding username or deleting username in USB storage tab

- in AX50, when a usb was connected irrespective of my mobile being connected on same wifi or not, I was able to access ftp using the static Ip instead of default 192.168.0.1 on android phone and also was able to see an IP assigned for usb connected in dhcp and mac binding pages. But in ax73 can't use the static Ip when connected to same wifi network but was able to read usb using 192.168.0.1 and as soon as I disconnected wifi and went on mobile internet i was abke to read usb via ftp using static ip

Options
2021-07-20 19:26:18

@Kevin_Z  support engineer connected with me and updated FW on a beta version and collected logs to share with R&D team. he advised that he needs time to get a fix on a stable version and also out of 2, 1 issue of ftp read\write issue is resolved on beta fw. 2nd issue of seamless connection between FTP when shifted from Open internet to home network due to some NAT issue is being worked upon and they are working on it & will take time.

Options
2021-07-21 08:44:36

@Sumty_AX73 

Good to know that. Work with him, and update the solution here once it is resolved.

Options
2021-07-22 04:44:13

sure @Kevin_Z 

Options
2021-08-11 06:37:37

@Kevin_Z I have the same issue on FTP ? Do you know when new FW version will be available ?

Options
2021-08-12 07:22:01

@hubs 

If I didn't remember wrong that Sumty_AX73's USB storage feature is actually working fine now. Can you please confirm again what is the exact issue you're experiencing?

Can you check if you access the AX73's Media Server (not the SMB network share) via "Windows Media Player" properly? Check the guide below to access the USB devices:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1527/

BTW, what is the brand, capacity and format of the HDD or USB device that attached to the AX73?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1709

Replies: 9