AX20 Wifi unstable, disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX20 Wifi unstable, disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:AX20 Wifi unstable, disconnect
2021-09-27 07:36:28

@MrGuGuZai 

We are working with some customers who reported similar issues, while the support engineers didn't get any reply from you, we hope you could work with the engineers if there is still an issue.

You can search the email follow-up from the support engineers via support.forum@tp-link.com. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-27 07:36:52

@Hiro_X 

We will do.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-27 13:44:41

Just a quick update on my situation as earlier mentioned. it appears that the problem in my case has been narrowed down to the WiFi Encryption settings.

As I have some older devices that use the WPA / TKIP encryption my WiFi was disconnecting on the 2.4 GHz network (where i had these settings enabled) ever 12 - 48 hours. However on the 5 GHz network it was fine with the WPA2 Personal / AES encryption settings.

I have switched my encryption to WPA2 / AES on my 2.4 GHz network now as a test and i have not had any further disconnects since that time. I have updated the engineers with this information as well and hoping they can resolve the issue now with the encryption as I had no problems using those settings on my older TP Link Archer C3200 router at all. There appears to be a problem within the firmware for this router that handles the encryption process and hoping they can resolve this in a reasonable timeframe.

Cheers!

Darryl

Options
Related Articles