TP-Link Archer MR200(EU), 5GHz band cannot be detected after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-18 11:01:54
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Archer MR200(EU)_V4_20190730

Hello,

I just recent bought an Archer MR200(EU) V4.  As a backup should my broadband connection ever get disconnected due to various reasons.  I did not encounter any issues during initial setup, but after updating the firmware to the latest version - Archer MR200(EU)_V4_20190730.  The 5Ghz band could no longer be detected by my devices.  This was working fine before the firmware update.  I can see both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band in the web GUI it is only that the 5Ghz band this is not being detected by any of my devices.  LAN ports are also working fine.

Things that I have done:

1. Tried rebooting the router - no effect, 5Ghz band still not detected
  2. Tried switching off the 5Ghz radio, saved and switched on again - no effect, 5Ghz band still not detected
  3. Tried switching off the 2.4Ghz radio, leaving the other on - no effect, 5Ghz band still not detected
  4. Tried switching on the Guest 5Ghz band with 5Ghz radio on - no effect, 5Ghz band still not detected/Guest network not detected

At this point I could try downgrading to the original firmware that this came in, but I could determine what was the original firmware of this router.

Any help pointing me to a working solution or to a previous thread would help.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer MR200(EU), 5GHz band cannot be detected after firmware update
2021-07-21 12:13:35
Edit 07/24/21 Found and uploaded the latest firmware and backtracked to two previous firmwares from the latest one. Uploaded each in sequence and after uploading the latest firmware the 5G band is back. It would seem the firmware was the problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 1