Change Firmware to US

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Change Firmware to US

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Change Firmware to US
Change Firmware to US
2021-07-21 22:56:55 - last edited 2021-07-22 01:17:47
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40465(5553)

My firmware is 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40465(5553)

Hardware version Archer AX10 v1.20

Hello i from indonesian country

Can i change my firmware to US version?

My AX10 sticker say " V1.2 US"

So i think i can update to US version

Because i need mesh function

In update firmware US version already support mesh function

But ,there is a word says you cannot downgrade anymore after update US version

It ts safe to update US version???? How about 5Ghz channel ? My phone only support 149-161 channel

Also about signal power? because i heard there is regulation about maximum signal power 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Change Firmware to US-Solution
2021-07-22 01:17:42 - last edited 2021-07-22 01:17:47

@RouterHang 

Hi, if the region version of your router is labeled US, then you can upgrade the firmware published for the US version. You could verify the region version by the router device label, the sticker is like the following, just besides the model number, it may show you Archer AX10(US) or Archer AX10(EU):

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/

Yes, this version will not allow to be downgraded to the previous version, but no worries, it will still support the channels as before the update. So you will still have the 5G working on the phone if it is working now.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Change Firmware to US-Solution
2021-07-22 01:17:42 - last edited 2021-07-22 01:17:47

@RouterHang 

Hi, if the region version of your router is labeled US, then you can upgrade the firmware published for the US version. You could verify the region version by the router device label, the sticker is like the following, just besides the model number, it may show you Archer AX10(US) or Archer AX10(EU):

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/

Yes, this version will not allow to be downgraded to the previous version, but no worries, it will still support the channels as before the update. So you will still have the 5G working on the phone if it is working now.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 1

Related Articles