Using TP=Link as second router to a VirginMedia Hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-25 16:34:03

I am trying to set up my Virgin Media Hub3 to act as a modem and connect to my TP-Link AC750 (Archer C2) Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router.

I changed the VM Hub3 to Modem Mode and rebooted it.  I then powered up the TP-Link router and set it the WAN to dynamic IP.  However, it doesn’t get the IP, gateway and DNS from the VM Hub3.  I have tried re-starting both devices to no avail.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong and would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Using TP=Link as second router to a VirginMedia Hub
2021-07-25 19:45:57

@sirrah 

You can follow this post and see if that helps.

Also there's a resource on the Virgin Media Community:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connecting-Superhub-3-0-to-TP-Link-or-other-router/td-p/3934223

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-26 08:22:10

Thanks.  Interesting discussions about this.  I'll give that a try and let you know if it works.

Options
2021-07-26 14:39:43

@sirrah 

in modem mode apparently only 1 port of the hub 3 works. 

Options
2021-07-26 16:01:15 - last edited 2021-07-27 07:54:36

@Cawsie 

It has been expected since in modem mode the VM Hub is just a bridge between the ISP and your router.

This should be mentioned in the VM Hub user guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options