Good afternoon, advice sought

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-07 21:11:01
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi all,

first time poster, but a user of tp link powerline for about 18 months.

My question may be a very simple and straight forward one, so go easy on me if its a daft one. I have four of the AV200 Mini Multi-Streaming Powerline Adapters in my house, spreading my signal to 2 computers and 2 ps3's (not all in use at the same time), this part is fine. however one of my daughters needs wifi in her room for her tablet and her phone, but the position of her room is such that the signal is very weak for her, meaning that if she gets a signal it is so weak as to not be worth it.

would i would like to know is could i add the 300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender (TL-WPA281) straight into the plug/socket in her room and have a wireless signal? to me it looks as though I should but before i go forking out £50 i wanted to make sure.

thanks all for your help

vokeyuk
Options
2 Reply
Re:Good afternoon, advice sought
2013-03-08 11:22:49
If your daugher's room is in the same electric meter as well, I think TL-WPA281 is a good choice in your situation.
You can pair your existed PLC device and WPA281. And then, when you plug WPA281 in your daughter's room, she will be able to connect to WPA281 either wired or wireless to access internet.
Options
Re:Good afternoon, advice sought
2013-03-08 16:44:27

Ada wrote

If your daugher's room is in the same electric meter as well, I think TL-WPA281 is a good choice in your situation.
You can pair your existed PLC device and WPA281. And then, when you plug WPA281 in your daughter's room, she will be able to connect to WPA281 either wired or wireless to access internet.

fantastic, thanks Ada, off to buy it now.

cheers
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles