OneMesh with Archer C6 + Powerline = unstable connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-02 08:35:51
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi there,

I have bought one OneArcher C6 and a Powerline TL-WPA8631P to have OneMesh and can move around the house while having Microsoft Teams ou Zoom meetings without breaks.

My broadband router does not have Wi-Fi signal. The C6 is connected in router mode.

I have some problems when moving between the two access points (the Wi-Fi signal from OneMesh and the Wi-Fi signal from C6).

When I'm connected in the TL-WPA8631P in my iPhone, for example, and move to a zone where the C6 signal is higher, the phone switches (because it stops appearing in the list of the connected devices in the powerline) but the connection is not stable. While the phone is connected to WiFi and can't even simply watch Facebook/Youtube videos. I need to disconnect the Wifi, wait some seconds, and connect again. This also happens with other iPhones in the house and one Samsung tablet.

One note: I do have another powerline in the network that does not support OneMesh but when I move around the house the signal emmited from that powerline shouldn't be high enough. However, when I go to the garage (where I have this other powerline), the connection drops and when the phone connects to that powerline the connection is stable.

This seems to me a "OneMesh" problem.

Is this normal? Someone else has the same kind of feedback?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:OneMesh with Archer C6 + Powerline = unstable connections
2021-08-03 03:27:38

@nunorcenteio 

Firstly, please ensure the firmware of the Archer C6 and WPA8631P are up-to-date.

Are there any other mesh system in the network? What is the made and model of it? What is the model of the other powerline that doesn't support Onemesh?

When the phone roams from the WPA8631P network to the C6's, how about other internet activities, such as web browsing? How about other devices in the network, such as laptops, are they still able to connect to the internet fine?

What is the wireless security type on the C6? Try to fix it on WPA2-PSK, AES, then configure the same on the WPA8631P, reboot them to confirm.

Options
2021-08-03 05:40:56

@Kevin_Z,

The firmware is the most updated. At least, I didn't find other firmware.

There is no other mesh network. The other PLC is the WPA4220 from TP-Link.

When any kind of device roams, all TCP connection establishment gets affected.

I have the security fixed in WPA2 AES and the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz have the same SSID.

Any clue?

Options
2021-08-03 05:51:39

@nunorcenteio 

Is there a Smart Connect option on the router web GUI? What if you disable it?

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-08-03 06:00:49

@Kevin_Z,

I've tried with Smart Connect on and off in the past and the problem persists.

I've just had the problem. Instagram gives me a "no internet connection". After several tries (I don't know if it's just a matter of time but it took more of less 5 minutes) it starts working normally.

Thanks for helping

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 4

Related Articles