switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
switch
switch
2021-08-03 12:01:28
Model: TL-SF1005D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I bought a tp link switch TL-SF-1005D to gain extra ethernet gates because they where full. But when i installed it i had wifi and ethernet everywhere i needen but the wifi and also ethernet drops out every 2 minutes. Can anyone help me out pls thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:switch
2021-08-04 10:30:56

@arthur05 Hello, 

May I know your the model of router, do you mean router will lost Internet for the all the device very frequently since installed the switch?

It is recommended to try a different Ethernet cable between switch and router and make sure no cable get loose. 

Can I have your network topology,how about the Led status on router when issue happens? 

Options
2021-08-04 13:11:59

@Solla-topee 

We use the router of proximus wich is the B-Box 3 . We indeed lose connection to all the divices every 2 minutes. We already tried different ethernet cables and none of them are loose. I'm not familiar with network topology so i dont know how i find it.

Options
2021-08-06 11:15:28

@arthur05  Hello, 

Connect the computer to the same Ethernet and make sure router itself is working stable.

If you do not connect computer to switch, just wire the tp-link switch to B-Box router, will router lose Internet every 2 mins. 

How about the LED status on the router when router has no Internet. 

You could test computer one by one and see if the issue is trigger by certain computer or certain network activity, like P2P downloading, steaming, games etc. 

Network topology looks like : ISP--- Router B-box3 -- SF1005D ---Win10 computer. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 3

Related Articles