Archer AX50 firmware is dead ? big problems with heat my dear customers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 18:30:09 - last edited 2021-09-13 12:28:11
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX50(EU)_V1_200708

What's the point to own this model or a new customer to buy if this model is dead,last update was on [2020-08-10]  about 12 months have passed since this model received an update to [firmware] in my opinion it is a lot,now I will ask those from tp link this model will receive an update or not ? or we customers will have to sell this model because it is a dead project then why is this model still on the market ? I paid a lot of money to buy this router and for what ....  to have a router that may never receive an update ?

This model has big problems with heat my dear customers do not rush to buy I've never seen a router burn so bad,just a few days ago I had problems with this model due to heat, I understand that it was almost 39 degrees outside but that's not my problem,I had to reboot the router 2 or 3 times because it didn't work properly and it doesn't show me the internet speed correctly,my mistake was that I didn't get to take the picture when I checked the internet speed because I came tired from work I was pretty angry at the time this happened

This model has been badly made and does not cool properly when it is hot,I might have to sell it and buy another model I don't think I'll buy from tp link anymore

As you can see, it has enough space and is placed on the table but if you put your hand under the router it burns if I pick up the router and put my hand on the table it burns

Options
25 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 firmware is dead ? big problems with heat my dear customers
2021-08-07 10:15:00

@LordBeerus known issue without particular fix. Try to put it in vertical position.

You're right one year without update is a problem and TP-link is not officially communicating on future updates. As soon as I have budget, I switch to another brand/model with more serious product support and FW releases.

Options
2021-08-08 08:06:03 - last edited 2021-08-08 14:30:50

@Ben78 

I'm pretty angry at tp link how they treat their customers,I checked to see for these 2 models AX10 V1 and AX20 V1 if they received an update from 2021 and what to see they received a new firmware,who already own this model like me AX 50 V1 which should be superior to these 2 models AX10 V1 and AX20 V1 has not received an update for more than 12 months,what else can I understand as a customer ? that the people from tp link make fun of their clients ? good job my dears tp link 

Options
2021-08-08 09:49:18 - last edited 2021-08-08 10:22:25

my TP-Link devices

> Archer AX50 router mode

> TL-SG1008 switch

> Archer C24 AP mode

> Archer C54 AP mode

was planning on adding an Archer C64 but thinking of going to mesh

I'll put on my conspiracy hat and give my two cents on why TP-Link cannot give anymore firmware update on the TP-Link Archer AX50, by the way I also have the unit, got it about 2 or 3 months after launch.

It starts with the SoC (chipset) that was used, the INTEL GRX350 A3, its a good chipset but is known to be a hot chip so TP-Link should have designed the AX50 with a better cooling capacity. The OEM manufacturer of the AX50 is PROWARE, so i assume that TP-Link just waits for any update for the Archer AX50 from PROWARE since their the ones who manufacture it and TP-Link just slap their logo on the unit/firmware and PROWARE just waits for Intel for any code updates for the chipset.

"https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/TP-LINK_Archer_AX50"

Intel recently just sold parts of their HOME NETWORKING division to someone else. they kept the adapter/modem chip designs but sold the others. I'm afraid that the others here is the router chipset designs. So knowing this, Intel no longer can provide any updates/updated code for the INTEL GRX350 A3 since its already owned by some other company. So, PROWARE can no longer give any updates as well to TP-Link.

I think its a dead chipset (no more support) , since the chipset manufacturer no longer gives updates for it.

Thats my two cents, I'm gonna remove my conspiracy hat now. LOL

I would like to support TP-Link more but their competitors are clearly making much better routers with better firmware support. I'm planning to switch to mesh network with the router in the link below as the main node. (it has QoS bandwidth control)

"https://www.ruijienetworks.com/products/REYEE-MeshWi-Fi/RG-EW1200-Series/ew3200gxpro"

Options
2021-08-08 12:47:48

CHIBOMAN wrote

Intel recently just sold parts of their HOME NETWORKING division to someone else. they kept the adapter/modem chip designs but sold the others. I'm afraid that the others here is the router chipset designs.

@CHIBOMAN 

Yes, apparently they sold it to a company named MaxLinear, Inc., which even retained the names of the chipsets. (WAV654 is the chipset used in the AX50)

https://www.maxlinear.com/products/connectivity/wireless/wi-fi-6-wi-fi-6e

Options
2021-08-08 14:40:18 - last edited 2021-08-08 14:56:46

@woozle 

here I do not understand a thing why this model is sold if the project is dead ?, you or me as a customer buy a dead router that will never receive a firmware update ? wastes your money for nothing pff thanks tp link 

Really disappointed in this product.

Options
2021-08-09 09:32:07 - last edited 2021-08-09 09:34:18

@LordBeerus I think yhey don't care about loosing customers that helped them to destock this product.... 

Thanks to them I am now more considering open-source software and evolutive hardware such as mini pc and openwrt/pfsense/opnsense, etc.

Last thing, if you check at Netgear equivalent product such as RAX40 with also an Intel SOC, despite of difficulties implementing WPA3, etc, they at least releases several FW trying to fix problems.

Options
2021-08-20 12:17:59 - last edited 2021-08-20 12:42:47

Hello everyone 2 weeks have passed from what I see no admin from tp link did not respond,nice of them how they treat customers who use their products anyway today when I came home from work I wanted to go on my laptop to check some things on the internet,I noticed that the internet was not working properly I had the exact same problem again only this time I took the picture 3 times when I did a speed test on the internet,the problem may be with the heat that this router is doing or firmware has some problems and is not stable I'm not surprised especially that this firmware has not received an update for over 12 months,but let's not forget that the 2 models AX 10 V1 and AX 20 V1 received firmware update 2021 but the new customers who own this model AX 50 V1 and is superior to the 2 models did not receive any update 

Speed Test 1:

Speed Test 2:

Speed Test 3:

I rebooted the router twice after he recovered:

Options
2021-08-29 13:17:15 - last edited 2021-08-29 13:17:49

I'm still waiting for an official answer from an admin about what I asked

Options
2021-08-30 07:19:34

@LordBeerus I doubt you will get an answer. 

1 one year without any Firmware I looks like that nobody is working on this model anymore on their side.

Options
2021-09-02 12:01:24 - last edited 2021-09-02 12:03:13

@Ben78 

I know what you mean but I'm from romania I paid a lot of money for this model 400 RON it's money,just to find out that this model is dead it's not nice how the tp link works

I don't know how the people from tp link do it or who they put to work on this model but I want to see the firmware update and many users should complain about this model

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9349

Replies: 25

Related Articles