Archer AX73 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX73 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer AX73 set up
Archer AX73 set up
2021-08-11 18:32:23 - last edited 2021-08-13 08:11:21
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

New to the site so apologies for the noob questions.

Currently having signal issues with my Plusnet hub so purchased a AX73 to boost signal around my house. Read online that i should put my plusnet hub into "modem" mode but i have found out that the hub one it does not have this option in the settings so i have connected my AX73 through an ethernet connection, thus giving off 2 seperate connectios.

Is this the best way to run it? Concerned that my plusnet hub wifi and my AX73 wifi will clash and cause me issues. 

Have also noticed the signal strength isnt great so far, is this an issue casued from running 2 routers?

Regards

A.Noob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX73 set up-Solution
2021-08-11 19:59:03 - last edited 2021-08-13 08:11:21

@ThePuuma 

One way to use these devices together and to be sure that there's no wireless interference between them, is to turn off the wireless radio of the Plusnet hub and leave the AX73 as the only wireless device.

Cons for this configuration is that you'll have a double NAT in your network. That may lead to complicated troubleshooting or port-forwarding issues.

The other way to use these devices together is to leave the Plusnet hub as it is and use the AX73 in AP mode - Case 1.

Pros for this configuration is that you'll avoid the double NAT. You can place the AX73 in different part of your premises, where the wireless signal of Plusnet hub is weak and exapnd your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 set up-Solution
2021-08-11 19:59:03 - last edited 2021-08-13 08:11:21

@ThePuuma 

One way to use these devices together and to be sure that there's no wireless interference between them, is to turn off the wireless radio of the Plusnet hub and leave the AX73 as the only wireless device.

Cons for this configuration is that you'll have a double NAT in your network. That may lead to complicated troubleshooting or port-forwarding issues.

The other way to use these devices together is to leave the Plusnet hub as it is and use the AX73 in AP mode - Case 1.

Pros for this configuration is that you'll avoid the double NAT. You can place the AX73 in different part of your premises, where the wireless signal of Plusnet hub is weak and exapnd your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AX73 set up
2021-08-12 19:00:21

@terziyski Thanks for the reply man,

found the AP mode and think ill run it through that and see how i get on.

Cheers

Options