TP-PA4010P(V2) 3 lights are on but shows no internet when I connect it to my laptop via ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-PA4010P(V2) 3 lights are on but shows no internet when I connect it to my laptop via ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-15 10:22:53
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.844-01-20120919-FINAL

It works fine for like a whole year and today when I turn on my computer it shows no internet for some reason. I have already reset the powerline by pressing the button for 10 seconds, still the same. I tried using Windows troubleshooting utility and it showed "the connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken". I restarted my internet modem and still to no avail. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-PA4010P(V2) 3 lights are on but shows no internet when I connect it to my laptop via ethernet
2021-08-16 07:56:57

@adrianna Hello, 

If House Leds are ON on power line units , you could try some suggestions here:
1> change a different Ethernet cable between Main router and main power line adapter
2> try a different LAN port on main router. 

If still the same problem,please connect a computer to router by Ethernet cable ( same cable that main powerline adapter is using) and check do you have any Internet? Please send us a photo of the IP address on PC when wired to router. 

Please connect PC--PA4020 by wire, check the IP address & Gateway on your computer and share a photo: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

May I know how many Leds are ON on the main adapter and powerline extender, both have3 Leds? Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 1