Request - DHCP option paramater for AX50 for Fiber ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 09:57:43
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Would it be possible to add a user DHCP option parameter in the next firmware in order to allow bypassing ISP box and connect directly on Fiber ONT ?

Thanks!!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Request - DHCP option paramater for AX50 for Fiber ONT
2021-08-17 02:57:01

@Ben78 

Can you explain the request in more detail, then we can confirm with the engineers if we can support?

Options
2021-08-18 10:05:54

@Kevin_Z Sure and thanks for the reply.

Here are the settings that I would need to get access to from the WAN DHCP settings page :

DHCP option 60, the vendor class identifier string

DHCP option 61; is the client identifier string

Hope this helps, tell me for additional questions.

Options
2021-08-18 11:32:34

@Ben78 

I see. Neither DHCP option 60 nor 61 is supported by the Archer AX50. While we do find some other customers from the United Kingdom require this feature, we only have the DSL modem routers that can work with that, such as Archer VR2100.

Options
2021-08-18 12:47:58

@Kevin_Z I see. That's really a shame that this router has so many software limitations since I see other router with similar Intel SoC providing the option.

Definitely sad.

No user SSH, no real advanced options.  Still don't understand there's so many limitation on this router (WPA3, Mesh, "real" advanced settings/custo possibilities) that has so much potential.

Anyway, I will look elsewhere.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 657

Replies: 4