Help!!Firmware update has nerfed my internet speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-16 10:21:43
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210421

Model: Archer AX10 (US) V1.2

Problem: I have a 200 Mbps connection but after I installed a firmware update I get speeds only up to 100 Mbps

The auto-negotiation feature doesn't go to 1000 Mbps full-duplex after update (only till 100 Mbps)

I manually set it to 1000mbps full-duplex but after saving I lose internet connection, the internet light starts flashing orange after every 5 seconds or so.

So I have to reset back to auto-negotiation.

I already tried resetting the router, it did not help,

I went to the support site and tried to downgrade the firmware it does not downgrade.

Please Help

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help!!Firmware update has nerfed my internet speeds
2021-08-16 10:59:46

@ashton1502 

Have you tried to change the ethernet cable with a new one (CAT 5E/6) or the port of the device to which the AX10 WAN port is connected ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-08-16 11:07:56

@terziyski thank you for your reply!

I don't think the problem is with my cat 6 cable because it worked perfectly fine before the update giving me speeds up to 200 Mbps. the cable is not even 6 months old at this point. and I tried connecting it directly to my pc. I am getting 200 mbps speed.

Additional Note: The router is connected to the internet through an ont router. So a cat cable from my main router's LAN port to tp link's wan port, extending my wifi range.

Options
2021-08-16 11:44:17

@ashton1502 

If there is additional cable, it's suggested to have a try as suggested by terziyski just in case the new firmware is pickier for the cable quality.

At the same time, we will report the issue to the support engineers, we will confirm if there is a way to downgrade the firmware to the previous version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 3

Related Articles