Wifi Keeps disconnecting after connecting my windows 10 laptop to the Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-19 10:58:46
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel.55295n

Hello Team,

I'm using the TP-link Router with model TL-WR841N. I'm facing this weird issue I have a Wi-Fi network setup at my home, I'm connecting around 3 mobile devices and 2 laptops to this network. So whenever I'm connecting my windows 10 laptop to this network it works for a small period and the Wi-Fi will get disconnects for all the devices, To fix this issue I have to restart the router. It will happen again and again when ever I'm connecting my laptop to this WiFi network. Tried checking with the ISP but no luck its happening only with my win 10 laptop.

I thought my laptop is the buggy one but my win 10 laptop is working without any issue on my mobile hotspot(With mobile data of course) as well as with my office network. Also  My IT team told to change my router. But I want to make sure that my TP link router is causing the issue, Since my win 10 laptop is working flawless in other networks. The funny thing is if I connect my laptop with the wired lan cable in the same network I'm not facing any issue even now I'm connected like that only. I'm using my laptop like a desktop have to keep it in my table all the time which is quite annoying. Can I get a solution for this your help is much appreciated.

Also I just want to know If upgrading the firmware can fix my issue?

Thanks,

GophalRaj

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wifi Keeps disconnecting after connecting my windows 10 laptop to the Network
2021-08-20 09:45:28

@GophalRaj 

When the Windows 10 laptop connects to the network of the WR841N, how about the LED status of the router? You can also login to the router web interface to confirm if there is still a WAN IP address and gateway, try to do a simple ping test under System Tools > Diagnostic by ping 8.8.8.8 and www.google.com.

Is there any special software or application running on the Windows 10 laptop? Try to restart it in a pure and clean mode, then connect to the WR841N network.

Options
Re:Wifi Keeps disconnecting after connecting my windows 10 laptop to the Network
2021-08-20 12:09:26

@Kevin_Z 

The Router LEDs status all are green. when ever this issue is happening the router web UI won't load untill the router is rebooted. There are no additionla softwares that is installed on my laptop. My IT team had reinstalled my win 10 OS recently on my laptop.

Thanks

GophalRaj

Options
2021-08-21 16:16:15

@GophalRaj Just for clarification, you cant access the router webUI from any other device on the network, once you connect that laptop to the WiFi?

That router is pretty old. On my C50 v4, i had a security vulnerability, which caused DOS when used - the httpd service crashes and you need to reboot the device.

But that was happening when i expliciltly tried to test the vulnerability with the nmap script. While yours... sounds a bit different.

Options
2021-08-21 16:32:02

@ku4eto 

Yes that's correct I cannot access the webui from any other device. Once I reboot the router it will get fixed.

The router is pretty old that was my next question replacing this router with a one can resolve my problem?

Options
2021-08-21 16:49:46

@GophalRaj Well, for starters, check to see if your HW version is indeed V1. Then check the TP Link website for your country, and see if there are any FW updates.

If there are any applicable (newer than your current), try updating the FW.

Does the WebUI comes back up, once you disconnect the laptop?

Options
2021-08-22 12:11:37

@ku4eto 

Ok let me check if there is a FW update. 

Nope the webui wont come even the laptop is disconnected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1352

Replies: 6