Adding to my system?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding to my system?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adding to my system?
Adding to my system?
2021-08-19 12:14:37

I currently have a TP-WPA8630P kit which the 8630 is in the attic as I have some stuff up there which I can't get a LAN cable too. Anyway, my house is a 3 storey townhouse and my router is a Vodafone THG3000 as I have 500Mb FTTP and now I'm looking to improve the wifi in the kitchen and bedroom as the router is on the middle floor.

The kitchen is not great reception and my first thought was to add another Powerline 8630P or 8631P to the kitchen or would I be better using a Deco P9 or something with one on each floor?

I'm not sure what will work together or what other options I may have? Anyone provide any help please?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Adding to my system?
2021-08-24 08:55:46

@XFSPortfolio I'm following this, as I also have an TL-WPA8630PKIT, and need to add 2 more x TL-WPA8630P, but they are now no longer available. If anyone from TP Link or the community can tell me what extenders are compatible, I will buy a couple. To be honest, most outlets seem to sell kits anyway. It seems hard to buy additional extenders.

Options
2021-08-24 10:21:28

@TP_Link_user Support said to use the 8631P additional unit. I don't have all the info they sent in a reply to hand but will find it later and update the details for you.

Options
2021-08-24 10:54:38

@TP_Link_user reply direct from TP Link support

Hey, 

Thank you for contacting TP-Link support.

1. For expanding range, for same floor, you can choose to buy our range extender. If different floors, you can add new one to the existing network.

2. 8031 can transmit more power which means it can transmit internet a bit faster.

Best Regards

Jacky Chueng  

TP-Link Technical Support

Options
2021-08-24 13:19:18

@XFSPortfolio Thanks, I'll look for that one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 4

Related Articles