Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

207 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2022-08-07 03:51:55

@Ludacrus 

Hi, pretty sure it's in all Decos, I have a mix of x20s x50s, and E4, and I have the same problem. 

Options
2022-08-08 04:35:39

@Andrewe1 

"Never buying tp-link devices ever again."

This is where I am at as well. I have completely lost all incentive to purchase from TP-Link ever again because of this crazy implementation. Our next home network (which I am currently planning) will NOT contain any TP-Link based hardware.

The fact that developers think this is a feature rather than a major bug just shows how out-of-touch they are with their user base. The truth is most users that run into this issue will (1) not know enough to figure out what's going on and (2) not bother to sign up for this forum to complain about it. It doesn't mean this problem isn't affecting a massive amount of users, it just means that few users will actually have their frustrations heard. And what happens when a product doesn't work and a user can't figure it out? Either they return the product or they throw it away and buy a different brand. TP-Link's boneheaded development decision is marketing against its own interests.

Options
2022-08-08 20:17:36 - last edited 2022-08-08 20:18:47

@gn0s1s 

I actually "side-graded" my whole network from a unifi-based one, because I decided that all the granularity and power user stuff was not really needed for home use and the Deco hardware had been top-notch until this point. 

The fact that the lack of internet crippled my entire network for something that could be very easily fixed is just mind boggling to me. "Oh we dont have a dedicated WAN port so users have an easier time connecting their modem into whatever port they please"... ok, that's valid, how about we just toggle that feature off and have the WAN port always be port 1?

On top of that, my internet connection got reestablished after 4 days and when it came back, all the deco stations were freaking out and coming in and out of service. The main deco would come online but the secondary ones (all with ethernet backhaul) would stay offline and viceversa. Eventually I had to remove all of them except the main one, and then re-add one by one manually... Again, i'm pretty sure this was due to the auto-sense trying to figure out which cable had internet access and whatnot. 

Considering switching to eero, they have clear WAN/LAN ports so i'm pretty sure this is not gonna be an issue there, but I still need to properly investigate to avoid similar issues. 

Options
2022-09-02 08:13:07

@TP-Link 

Liebes TP-Link Team, ich bitte um Info bis wann das Problem gelöst ist? Wenn es vor dem 28.09.2022 gelöst ist kann ich die Geräte behalten wenn nicht werde ich sie zurückschicken müssen, denn nurt weil gerade das Internet aufällt kann ja nicht das interne Netzwerk mit ausfallen....
LG Thomas

Options
2022-09-02 09:23:21
Dieses Problem besteht seit Jahren, daher würde ich mich nicht darauf verlassen, dass es vor diesem Datum behoben wird. Schicke sie jetzt einfach zurück.
Options
2022-09-18 06:32:39

@TP-Link 

I just came across this thread, my LAN port is down again, second time in a month. What is the resolution to getting the LAN port working again? all my wired devices are down, again. 

Options
2022-09-18 06:54:30

@gn0s1s 

what hardware are you thinking of switching to? this is the second time this has happened to me, but I'm past the return window

Options
2022-09-18 15:42:27

@TP-Link AX6100 Router 2-Pack

Options
2022-10-04 10:35:01

@TP-Link 

Seriously, will this "feature" ever be fixed?

I have been waiting for more than a year !!!

Same issue on TP-Link Deco X20, No WAN no LAN ... epic fail.

Options
2022-11-04 12:07:31

@TP-Link Come on man! My whole street is under construction and the internet is down. This barely happens where I live so it's kind of a first in the last 3 years... I have now seen that HALF of my smart home appliances which have local network functionality stopped working because your mesh system kills the ethernet port on the main deco when no WAN is up.

This is FRUSTRATING and i feel cheated. How am I supposed to know such a thing when I bought these? You see a port on a device and you ASSUME it works like they always used to work since routers were invented...

Please, allow us to select the WAN port, or designate one automatically and only apply your "smart scan" on one of them... And no, I can't move my wired connections to other sattelites because they are already being used in different parts of the house.

I love this modern tech that just doesn't work unless you are in a lab. And most annoyingly is that nowadays you guys have access to SU MUCH feedback from users and you keep failing in giving a damn about the experience.

Options

Voters 109

+ 105 Voters