Google Home App couldn't detect Nest Mini during setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-21 07:32:04
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20210226 rel.34930(5553)

Google Nest Mini successfully connects to router during WiFi setup but Home app couldn't communicate with it, resulting in setup failure.

I face no problems while setting it up on other routers, mobile hotspot.

I think something's wrong with AP isolation, UPnP 

I also changed the settings as advised by Google Technical Support but it didn't solve.

Please share the settings so that Home app could communicate with Nest Mini

Options
4 Reply
Re:Google Home App couldn't detect Nest Mini during setup
2021-08-21 07:43:41

@routadu 

Current settings: 

AP Isolation: Disabled

UPnP: Enabled 

IGMP Snooping: Enabled 

IGMP Proxy: Disabled 

These settings were recommended by Google Technical Support 

But it didn't work, I also tried resetting the router, but no success

Also tried IGMP Snooping, proxy: both on, both off, on,off and off,on 

And giving static IP to Nest Mini

Just for trial, but nothing worked 

Sometimes if I try setting up after router reboot, it works, but 1-2 days later, Home app couldn't communicate with Nest Mini

Home app communicates with Nest Mini on other routers, mobile hotspots without any problem 

So I believe this router is not allowing communication between them 

Please help me fix it 🥺

Options
2021-08-23 07:53:41

@routadu 

Are both the Nest Mini and the phone connecting to the 2.4G network? Try to disable the 5G network on the A6 router, reboot the router, Nest Mini and the phone, then confirm if they can communicate.

What are the wireless settings on the A6, such as wireless channel and security? Try to change to different channels, change the security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then confirm again.

Additionally, ensure the firmware of the Nest Mini and the Home app version are up-to-date.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-12 18:10:54

@Kevin_Z I've tried everything, but no success

It is still connected to my mobile hotspot which is connected to router ( similar to wifi extender ), and works flawlessly, but cannot get it working directly with the router

All the firmware is up to date

Options
2021-09-13 03:39:06

@routadu 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1174

Replies: 4

Related Articles